-theres nthing left

trying to avoid my feelings for you and telling myself that i will get over you, and that i will be ok, is like trying to avoid the sun coming up every morning, by burying yourself under the covers and hiding from the chaos that the daytime brings. you're the fucking sun i can't hide from you and i can't stop you from making everything brighter fuck this is so cheesy but goddamn i've never glowed under someone's touch as i do under yours.

i've got an itch to write about you again and these always come at the least convenient times. like right now, when i need to sleep because the sun is creeping over the horizon and through my curtains because i stayed up accidentally up all night again. creeping up like the exhaustion pricking at my eyelids. like the feelings that are bubbling up because of that one stupid song i can't bring myself to remove from my playlist.

feels like these bursts of inspiration happen solely to remind me of how tightly you have me wrapped around your finger and that pretty much nothing will stop me from pouring out words until my tears are dry and my throat is raw and my fingers sore. like some sort of sick joke that the universe is playing on me that's got the stars and the clouds and the trees laughing. feels like if i don't get the feelings out they will literally consume me and strangle me until i explode and all that'll come out is butterflies, because that's what you make me feel.

7/19/18
6:17 am