(001.) ORIGIN

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter one, origin )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter one, origin )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

WHEN PERSEPHONE WAS BORN THE ASGARDIANS CELEBRATED AT THE SECOND DAUGHTER OF ZEUS. DEMETER REJOICED IN THE BIRTH OF HER DAUGHTER AND SHE KNEW ASGARD WOULD BE THE PERFECT PLACE TO RAISE HER DAUGHTER. Demeter thought Olympus was too complicated for her baby, there were jealousy and bitterness despite the act that the Gods pulled. Zeus had a short-temper and that temper was the root of many of their problems which is why Demeter trusted Asgard and why she decided to live there.

The main reason why she chose Asgard was that of Persephone. She knew what her daughter was capable of and she couldn't afford the Gods becoming greedy and using her daughter. The only people who knew about her powers was Demeter and the other Olympians, it was a secret she kept close to her heart.

When Persephone knew of her powers, she wanted to control them. Her worst fear was losing control of them and causing havoc. She confided in the only other person she could trust, Loki. Persephone thought Loki would help her with her powers since he had control of his own. Everything changed the day of Persephone's birthday.

Persephone fell to the ground with her back colliding with the cold tiles. The goddess took in a deep breath, she was annoyed she had been trying for hours and every time she tried, Loki would beat her. "Come on, get up, you can not let your guard down," Persephone pulled herself up from the floor and brushed herself off.

"I can't do it," she muttered in annoyance, "Everyday, it's like I lose less control," she tucked a piece of ebony hair behind her ear. The celebration would be in a few hours and Persephone would have to get ready.

Loki rolled her eyes, "Which is why you need to work harder," he started, "You are a very powerful person and if you don't have control then it will cause chaos," Loki walked over towards the goddess. He had grown close to the girl but at times, she would manage to get on his every nerve. "You are the daughter of Zeus, the king of Gods, you're mother thinks that you are fragile and you need to prove her wrong,"

Persephone rolled her eyes and she looked at Loki unamused, "No matter what I do, she won't think I'm worthy of going to Olympus. She's scared I'll do something or they'll do something to me, she's been hiding me all these years," Ever since she was a little girl, Demeter would try to suppress Persephone of her power. Whenever Persephone used her powers, her mother would scold her and punish her for it. She wanted to leave Asgard and be far away from her mother and everyone she knew.

"Which is why you need control of your powers, if you do not have control, she will see you as the same unstable little girl she raised," Persephone whipped her head at Loki with a piercing stare. She straightened her back and looked at Loki with distaste before a small smirk spread across her face.

"And you will always be seen the boy that never could. The one living in his brother's shadow, the one who will never be king, who is always trying to prove his best but it never works out in the end. You will never be worthy," Persephone spat, Loki licked his lips and nodded his head slowly.

Persephone turned her back towards the prince, "And you're the daughter of Zeus who will never be worthy, you will grow weak and no one will ever know of you. I won't be the only one living in the shadows of my siblings. You will lose control and when you do, everyone will hate you for it."

Persephone felt her blood boiling, she took a deep breath with her hands curling into fists, the last comment was enough to make her lash out, "Enough!" Persephone stretched her arm out releasing a blast of energy which sent Loki flying back and falling on the floor. When his body collided with the floor, Persephone looked at her hands with eyes full of terror. She quickly ran out of the room not wanting to cause any trouble or to turn heads.

As she walked quickly out of her room, she bumped into her mother. Demeter placed her hands on her daughter's shoulders with a large smile on her face, "Just the girl I was looking for! It's time to get ready, the party will begin any minute now, come on," Persephone smiled nervously as she followed her mother to her bedroom. Persephone's hands were shaking and they became sweaty quickly.

After taking a long shower and having her hair and make-up done, Persephone was putting on her gown. The maids had placed minimal make-up on her and they were tying the back of the dress. It was a lavender silk dress that left a small trail behind her, they placed a diamond necklace around her neck with a set of matching earrings.

When Demeter came into the room to see her daughter she had a large smile on her face. The maids quickly hurried out to leave the pair alone. "You look so beautiful," she said grabbing Persephone's hands gently. Persephone held an awkward smile as she avoided her mothers gaze.

"Mother, can I ask you something?" she asked wearily before meeting her mother's eyes.

Demeter nodded her head, "Of course, what is it?"

"When can I go visit Olympus?"

Demeter's face grew white and her smiled faltered, "Persephone, we've talked about this. You can not go to Olympus yet, you're not ready."

Persephone furrowed her eyebrows in anger, "You say that every time," she started, "Am I not worthy enough to there? All my life, you've been telling me I can go when I'm ready but it seems like that's never going to happen. I can't live my whole life here on Asgard with you watching my every step,"

Demeter rolled her eyes as she turned her back on Persephone, "We will not discuss this right now, you have a party to attend to, we must disappoint the guests."

"Stop dismissing me like I'm some child that you pity," Persephone spat.

"Because you are a child," Demeter retorted with anger, "You are not in control, you lash out when you can't have what you want. I am constantly watching you, so you don't make a choice that you'll regret. So that you don't kill anyone."

Persephone stood calmly in the midst of her mother's comments. She could feel her blood boiling and the heat rising inside of her with her hands curled up in fists. Her eyes were writhed with anger, "Get out," she said quietly.

"What?" Demeter furrowed her brows.

"I said, get out!" Persephone said once more. Demeter lifted her chin before walking out of the room. She didn't want to cause anymore struggle. She closed the doors behind her and Persephone sat on her bed, trying to hold back the tears. It wasn't until she noticed a small golden bowl placed by her bedside.

Persephone grabbed the bowl gently to see six seeds in the bowl. Persephone picked one up and placed it in her mouth. After that, no one had ever seen her again.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

author's note

okay, so this is the first chapter! i don't know how i feel about this yet but there is so much more to know about persephone's background and all. this chapter was mainly to show a little insight to her character and how she ended up with thanos. thank you for reading!

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬