(003.) GAMORA

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter three, gamora )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter three, gamora )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

       PERSEPHONE HAD BEEN TRAINING WITH GAMORA FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND IT HAD BEEN HELL FOR HER. HER  BODY KEPT GIVING OUT AND SOMETIMES HER POWERS AND EMOTIONS GOT AHOLD OF HER. One of the goods things was that Gamora helped her tap into her powers more. Persephone started doing things she wasn't able to do but she didn't have a strong grasp on it yet. She would get tired quickly and tapping into the small individual powers required a lot of work.

Persephone was only tapping into the power stone, she could amplify physical power and create blasts that would throw people off. As for the other five, they were more difficult to master or even tap into. In the few weeks that Persephone was gone, she had missed Asgard. Things were different where she was, there was no sunlight or the beautiful structures found on Asgard.

She missed the food the most, on Asgard, there was always a variety of food that she could choose from. She ate the same thing almost every day since leaving Asgard. Persephone wondered if her mother was worried about her. It had been weeks and she had no sign to see if her mother was going to attempt to find her.

Persephone didn't want it to get to her, she avoided the thought and tried to push it away whenever she thought of it. Persephone sat on her bed when Gamora walked in with two large swords. Persephone got up quickly while knitting her brows together, "What are you doing?" the goddess asked.

"You may have a lot of power but it's useless if you don't know how to fight," Gamora explained while throwing one of the swords on the ground and pushing it with her foot towards Persephone. The goddess bent down to pick it up and then looked at Gamora.

Persephone licked her lips, "It's useless, Gamora," Persephone started, "I've been here for weeks and I haven't accomplished anything," she gripped the handle of the sword and looked at the polished silver metal.

Gamora sighed, "Persephone, you have to give it time. It's going to take more than a few weeks to tap into all of your powers," Gamora explained, Gamora had been helping Persephone most of the time. Thanos had plans he had to deal with and she was left with looking after Persephone.

Persephone rolled her eyes, "Whatever, why sword fighting or even fighting in general?"

"If at any point your powers are jeopardized, it's good to know how to defend yourself in a situation with any weapon. A sword is a classic weapon and one of my personal favorites," she explained with picking her sword and motioning Persephone to come towards her. The goddess walked up towards her warily, "Now, defend yourself,"

"What?" Before Persephone could respond properly, Gamora picked up her sword and swung at Persephone, she quickly stepped back with eyes full of fear, "What the hell?"

"I said to defend yourself, you have to physically be ready for anything, you can't rely on your powers for everything," Gamora explained while swinging her sword once more, Persephone caught it and the two swords clash.

Gamora nodded her head, "Good, now try and attack me," Persephone furrowed her brows in confusion and moved her sword towards Gamora's leg but she dodged it quickly. The two kept going at it with their swords clashing. Gamora was physically stronger than Persephone and Persephone was already sweating. At one point both their swords clashed and Persephone pushed on hers to make Gamora fall but Gamora was victorious in pushing Persephone back and making her fall on her back.

Persephone's sword fell on the ground and the goddess rolled her eyes, "Looks like you won," she said in a defeated tone. Gamora rolled her eyes as she held her sword next to her.

"You have to keep fighting, Persephone, you can't stop once you're defeated. It's like you want to get killed if we ever have to defend each other," Gamora said distastefully, Persephone picked herself up while grabbing her sword.

"I already said it's useless, I'm not going to prove myself Gamora, you might as well send back to Asgard as a failure," Persephone whined while dusting herself off with her free hand.

Gamora took in a deep breath, "You have to at least try," Gamora slowly raised her sword and Persephone dropped hers as it clattered on the ground, Persephone quickly grabbed her arm with strength. Persephone's eyes soon turned an icy blue.

"Enough, just drop the sword," Gamora eye's grew wide in fear as they slowly turned blue and returned to her normal color, within a split second she dropped the sword and took a step back while looking at Persephone, her eyes were back to normal. Persephone looked at her hand, "What just happened?"

Gamora's jaw was slightly agape, "You tapped into the mind stone," Gamora explained, "How to do you feel?"

Persephone looked at Gamora with worried eyes, at first she didn't feel anything but then she felt pressure on her chest, she pushed it off as nothing and sat on a chair quickly, she felt a little lightheaded and she looked at Gamora with glassy eyes, "I-I don't know," Persephone answered, "I feel. . . weird,"

Gamora nodded her head, "The more you get used to it, the more your body will get accustomed to it,"

Persephone shook her head while looking at the ground, "It doesn't feel normal, Gamora," Persephone stated while looking at her, Gamora softened her expression while walking towards Persephone. She bent down and placed a hand on her shoulder, "It's going to be okay, but you need to trust me and listen to me okay?"

The goddess nodded her head while blinking quickly so Gamora wouldn't see her cry. "Are you sure you're going to help me?" Persephone asked, "You're not scared?"

Gamora smiled, "Yes, I will," she answered, only knowing what was happening to Persephone and the plans Thanos had for her.