(005.) BATTLE OF NEW YORK

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter five, the battle of new york )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter five, the battle of new york )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

          IT HAD BEEN A FEW HOURS SINCE PERSEPHONE HAD PUT LOKI UNDER MIND CONTROL. He was going to Earth to steal the Tesseract and the Chitauri were keeping a watchful eye on the god of mischief. Persephone had wiped the blood from her nose and cleaned it to make sure it didn't look pink. Once Persephone stepped out of her chambers she went to find Thanos.

When she found him, he was with the rest of the Black Order. They were discussing their plans for Earth and stopped talking once Persephone walked in. She had always felt out of place when she was with them, simply because she was different. The only one who made her feel slightly comfortable was Gamora.

"Persephone, just in time," Gamora stated as she saw Persephone open the door. The goddess furrowed her brows in confusion.

She looked around the room, "Is something wrong?"

"We need you to go to Earth," Thanos answered in a monotonous voice.

Persephone's heart started beating rapidly and she looked around at all the faces around her. She bit her cheek before taking a step forward, "Why do I need to go to Earth?" she asked while crossing her arms.

"In case Loki tries anything, we need you to be there or if someone tries to get the Tesseract," one of the members answered while looking at Persephone with distaste.

"Are you sure she's ready?" one of them asked.

Persephone looked at them bitterly, she hated the Black Order. She didn't know why but they always rubbed her the wrong way ever since she arrived. Persephone straightened her back, "I can do it and I know I'm ready. After all, I do hold the power of all six infinity stones, so who else should get to go?"

"Asgardians and Greek gods are always so cocky," another commented while looking at Persephone.

The goddess couldn't help but put a smirk on her face, "When do I leave?"

"Now but try not to use your powers unless it is necessary," Gamora commented, "When you get there, you have to blend in with everyone so your suit won't work there."

Persephone looked down at her clothes. What do they wear on Earth? she thought to herself. She nodded her head, "Alright, let's go then,"

***

Persephone landed on the cold pavement of a New York alley. The pavement was wet and she quickly opened her eyes to see where she was. She quickly jolted up and sat on the ground looking at her surroundings. Her eyes shifted up at the sky, it was light blue and there were white wisps in the sky. Persephone heard screaming and people running around frantically. The goddess quickly stood up and ran outside the alleyway. When Persephone looked around, there was rubble surrounding the city and people were covered in soot running around.

Her eyes shifted up towards the sky once more and saw the Chitauri riding in the sky. Persephone's eyes grew wide, she had to find Loki and get the scepter. There was a man flying in a shiny red suit towards the sky. Persephone started running towards the tower frantically and once she reached it, she ran inside. When Persephone found Loki, he was looking out a giant window into the city. Persephone could see the skyline along with the Chitauri invading the sky.

"What have you done?" asked Persephone as she stepped in, Loki quickly turned around to see the goddess and he had a smirk plastered on his face.

He spread his arms out, "What I was meant to do," he started, "The tesseract is in my possession, although I did get in trouble with a few people including my brother but they won't stop any of us,"

"Thor is here?" Persephone questioned, "And what do you mean by a few people?"

Loki simply shrugged, "It's going to be taken care of, there is no need to worry,"

Persephone rolled her eyes, something was wrong and she knew it. The goddess shook her head, "Loki, we have to take the Tesseract and leave, whatever it is that you're trying to do, needs to stop now,"

Loki put his arms down as he held his scepter, "I'm afraid I can't do that, I've gotten this far,"

Persephone took a step closer towards Loki, "Hand me the scepter," she stretched her arm out and talked to him in a stern voice.

"Persephone," the goddess quickly turned her head towards the sound of her name. When she looked, she saw Thor standing with Mjolnir in his hand and he looked startled at the sight of her. Persephone quickly straightened taking in a deep breath.

"Thor," she smiled mischievously, "What a pleasure it is to see you again,"

Thor furrowed his brows in confusion, "You went missing, how are you?"

Persephone smiled at Thor, "I prefer not to disclose that sort of information," she started, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some business to do," she turned towards Loki, she kept her eyes on the mind stone, she couldn't understand why but she felt a power connected to it. She needed to have it in her hands, she took another step towards Loki.

In a blink of an eye, she put her hands on the scepter and Loki kept his grip on it. Persephone raised her leg and kicked Loki in an area where the sun doesn't shine. Loki let go of the scepter and grimaced in pain. A smirk grew on Persephone's face when she held the scepter in her hand and she looked at Thor.

"Persephone, what are you doing?" Thor's voice bellowed, Persephone tilted her head at the god.

She took in a deep breath, "It's only a short amount of time before you know," while holding the scepter, Persephone felt the power surging through her body. The stone was radiating it's energy and she felt powerful at that moment. She didn't feel like the weak Asgardian back on Titan, she felt unstoppable.

She thrust her arm forward and aimed the scepter at Thor which threw him into the ground. She quickly ran towards the end of the room and found the staircase. She ran down the stairs and found a door to go through. Once she opened the door, the room was empty and there was a bridge leading to the other end of the room. Persephone walked across the bridge when she noticed a man in a red, white and blue suit.

"I have my eyes on the girl," he spoke into his earpiece.

Persephone smirked, "And who are you?" she asked noticing his shield which had a white star in the middle of it.

"The question is who are you?" he asked tilting his head and taking a step forward, "This doesn't have to end in a fight, just hand over the scepter and we can go on,"

The goddess let out a laugh, "You're quite noble, are you?" she asked tilting her head, "I'm afraid, I can't do that." It wasn't until Perspephone charged at the man, that she felt slightly light-headed and she dropped the scepter. She quickly fell to the ground and held a finger up to her nose, it was bleeding again.

The male looked at her with furrowed eyes, he reached out his hand to touch her and Persephone backed away, "Don't touch me!"

She got up slowly while keeping a hand to her nose, this wasn't good at all.