(008). THOR ODINSON

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter eight, thor odinson )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter eight, thor odinson )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

PERSEPHONE SAT IN THE CORNER OF A CAFE WITH A LAPTOP IN FRONT OF HER AS SHE LOOKED AT ARTICLES ABOUT THE AVENGERS. She had been doing her research on them for a while, she knew that the Avengers were one of Thanos' biggest threats. After Gamora betrays him, he'll only have the Black Order and when she wasn't by his side his defense would be weak. Persephone took a sip of her coffee as her eyes laid on an article from 2012 about the attack on New York.

The article mentioned the name of all of the Avengers with a brief summary of who they are. It mentioned how the team saved the city from an alien attack and even mentioned Loki who failed his mission terribly. If Persephone's main goal was to get the stones, she had to avoid Thor which was going to be her main challenge. She had her powers to rely on but she had to keep working on them or else her cover would be blown.

It was also going to be hard with Steve Rogers since he had seen her collapse in front of him. Persephone cursed under her breath when she realized they most likely talked about her and that they knew who she was. She shifted in her seat as she took a sip of her coffee. She closed her laptop and got up from her seat. She knew there were six stones and that two of them were on Earth. The tesseract could be on Earth but she didn't know yet, she knew that the mind and time stone were on Earth.

As she threw away her coffee, Persephone noticed a figure watching her. Persephone kept calm and went about her business. She put the laptop in her bag and walked out of the cafe as if nothing ever happened. The figure was wearing a baseball cap and a pair of sunglasses. The goddess walked towards a store that had many people in it, she saw a crowd of people ahead her and she quickly disguised herself in the crowd.

Once Persephone lost sight of the figure, she decided to look around the store, she got distracted by the grand dresses that they were selling that she got slightly frightened when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She kept her calm as she slowly turned around with a smile. She tried to look at the eyes behind and she recognized them in a second, it was Thor. 

"Thor, so nice that we finally meet," she said with a mischievous smile on his face. One of the workers came up to Persephone with a worried smile. 

"M'am, is he bothering you?" she asked. 

"Oh no!" Persephone answered, "He's just an old friend, you can carry on," the worker nodded her head as she turned her back and returned to the cash register. The smile on Persephone's face quickly disappeared as she looked at Thor. 

"We should go outside," he said while pointing to the door. 

"Agreed," the two walked towards the door calmly and they walked to the cafe across from them. They had small tables outside and they decided to take a seat across from each other. Persephone crossed her legs as Thor looked around wearily in his disguise. 

Persephone stared at him, "I like your new look," she commented as he fidgeted with the menu. 

"Thank you, it's a, a disguise," he added as she kept looking around. Persephone furrowed her brows in confusion, he looked nervous about something but she decided to push it off. 

"Anyways, what do you want? Where's Loki?" Persephone asked curiously as a waiter came up to them with a small notepad. He had a large smile on his face, he was probably a teenager by the looks of it. 

"Can I get you folks anything?" he asked in a chirpy voice. 

The brunette smiled, "I'll have a latte please with whole milk," 

"And for you, sir?" 

"Water, please," the waiter turned his back and went inside the cafe to get their drinks. 

Thor leaned a little bit towards Persephone, "Loki's dead," his voice was somber and Persephone didn't know what to feel. She had liked Loki despite him being a pain in the ass all those years. 

She took in a deep breath, "I'm sorry for your loss, I know how much you loved Loki," 

They were quiet for a few seconds before Thor broke the silence between them, "What are you doing here?" he asked, "Rogers said he saw you back when the Chitauri attacked," 

"The man with the shield?" 

"What are you doing here, Persephone?" 

Persephone sighed, she was calm while Thor was fidgety and anxious, "If you want to know the real truth, it's that I'm dying," 

Persephone saw Thor roll his eyes underneath the sunglasses, "Gods can't die,"  Thor reminded her. 

"That's not how it works with us," Persephone started, "The gods, they're more like spirits that inhabit bodies. For example, Persephone inhabited my Asgardian body, once this body is finished her spirit fills another one. Unfortunately, due to my gift, my body isn't strong enough to hold it, so sooner or later, I will drop dead," she explained. Thor looked confused at her response. 

"So, why spend your final days on Earth than with your family?" 

"Because, I have a mission and no one can stop me, not even you," she started, "I have been used all my life, I was taken from my mother, upon coming here, I've learned that there is no hope for humanity, which is why I'm going to end it," she whispered. Thor suddenly became calm at her response, he was trying to keep her composure. 

"You can't just end humanity, there are good people on this planet, you're not thinking it through," Thor tried reconciling with her but Persephone didn't care at all. 

"There's violence, famine, murder and terrible things being done here. I'm going to end Tha-, I'm going to get my revenge sooner or later and I'm going to do that by collecting the infinity stones and using them once and for all before I die," 

"You know about the stones?" Thor asked curiously. 

Persephone simply nodded her head, the waiter soon came and gave them their drinks before leaving again to serve the other customers. Persephone told Thor her plan but she was going to make him forget it as soon as she could. "If that's it, I would love to go, I'm a very busy woman," 

"Persephone, don't do this, please," she got up from her seat and shrugged her shoulders. 

"No can do," she grabbed her latte before walking away from him, there wasn't anything he could do to her to make her stop. She made up her mind and she wasn't going to change it for anyone. As she walked away from Thor, she cut into an ally to make her trip quicker, that was until she felt a cloth over her face and her vision go black.