(002.) A NEW HOME

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter two, a new home )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter two, a new home )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

THE SIX SMALL SEEDS THAT PERSEPHONE HAD EATEN HAD CHANGED HER LIFE DRASTICALLY. THE LAST THING SHE REMEMBERED WAS DRIFTING OFF TO SLEEP AFTER EATING THE SIXTH SEED. When Persephone opened her eyes, she knew she wasn't back on Asgard, she was somewhere far away from home. The goddess woke up on a small cot with a change of wardrobe. Instead of the dress for her birthday celebration, she wore a suit that once belonged to a warrior of some sort.

She knew it was made for a warrior since it resembled one of a Valkyrie. It was a suit made for fighting and it was all black with hints of dark blue in it. Persephone furrowed her brows in confusion, she had no idea where she was and why she was wearing a suit. She sat up but she didn't see anyone around her, there was a small table with a bowl of soup and a metal spoon.

Persephone stood up and looked at the bowl of soup, she chose to ignore it, she wasn't hungry. Her stomach felt full and all she could think of were the seeds that she had eaten, she felt negative energy in the room but she didn't know where it was coming from. "I see you are awake," Persephone whipped her head around to see two people in the room with her.

One was a woman with green skin and ebony hair with purple ends. She wore armor and stood with her hands behind her back, she was tense and there was something unsure about her, Persephone sensed she didn't want to be there. The other person, or being, was a man who stood over six feet. He had purple skin and he wore armor and he stood proudly with his hands by his side.

"Who the hell are you?" Persephone asked defensively, she had her hands by her side and her fingers had curled into fists.

The male had a smirk on his face, "I am surprised your mother never taught you about me, considering she is an Olympian,"  he spoke slowly and Persephone felt intimidated by him and the woman that stood next to him.

"How do you know my mother?" she asked while studying him up and down as he and the woman walked closer, "Once again, who the hell are you?"

"My name is Thanos and this is my daughter, Gamora," he explained, Gamora straightened her back, the title made her uncomfortable and Persephone noticed it quickly. The name Thanos rang a bell, Persephone had heard her mother whisper it at times. She would eavesdrop on Demeter's conversations and she would hear her talk about a man named Thanos. There was always a hint of fear in her mother's voice when she would talk about me.

Persephone straightened her back and relaxed her hands, "I've heard of you," she started, "There are many who fear you, they call you a mad man,"

Thanos had a smirk on her face, "That is correct," he started, "You must be wondering why you're here?" he asked.

Persephone folded her arms across her chest, "That's correct, and I'm guessing it has something to do with those seeds that were in my bedroom," Persephone took a step closer towards the titan and Gamora.

"Indeed," he started, "Persephone, you harness a great power but you have no idea where it stems from or what it is,"

Persephone shifted her weight, "My mother would tell me that it was dangerous and that it should never be used."

Thanos looked at Gamora before she stepped in front of Thanos to face Persephone, "What your mother didn't tell you is that you harness a small power of each one of the Infinity Stones," Gamora started.

Persephone furrowed her brows, "Infinity Stones?"

"When the universe was created, the big bang sent six crystals each harnessing a power. There are the soul, space, time, mind, power, and reality stones. All six stones are spread around the galaxy, you harness a small power of each of those stones making you very powerful."

"What do the stones do?" Persephone asked curiously, all she remembered was her mother telling her that she was powerful but she had never gotten into depth with it. She would just get vague answers from her mothers.

"The space stone is capable of teleporting you from one point in the universe to the other. The reality stone has the ability to bend reality, to make people see things that aren't really there. The power stone obviously gives the ability of power, the mind stone controls the minds of others. The time stone has the ability to manipulate time and the soul stone can control life and death," Gamora explained, Persephone's eyes widened with worry and fear, she didn't know she capable of all those things, Gamora quickly noticed her fear, "You do not harness the whole power of these stones. You only harness a small piece of it and whenever you try to use that small power, it comes at a cost of your own energy. For example, if you want to use the power of the reality stone, it won't happen with a snap of your fingers. It'll take time and a lot of your energy to do so."

Persephone nodded her head slowly, taking everything in all at once. She felt anger at that moment, her mother never told her, she was always quiet about it. Not once, did she ever explain to Persephone the power she harnessed, she kept it all a secret, "Why am I here?" Persephone asked in a low voice.

Thanos looked at Persephone, "We want to help you, we will help become stronger and help you strengthen that power inside of you and you will become one of the strongest people to ever roam the galaxy. This is your new home."

Persephone straightened her back, "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch," he lied, "You have been in the shadows too long. It is time you show the Olympians who you are and that you are worthy. You are more than just the daughter of Demeter," Thanos said.

Persephone looked at the ground and then at Gamora, there was something about her that felt off. She lifted her gaze towards Thanos who was looking down on her, the goddess had a smirk across her lips, "Alright, I'll stay," she agreed, not knowing that it was just another trick of Thanos.