(004.) LOKI LAUFEYSON

BLOOD IN THE WATER
( chapter four, loki laufeyson )

『 BLOOD IN THE WATER 』( chapter four, loki laufeyson )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

PERSEPHONE HAD BEEN GETTING BETTER IN CONTROLLING AND USING HER POWERS. She still had room for improvement but despite gaining control of her powers a small part of her felt weaker. She had grown loser with Gamora and she started seeing Thanos less often. Persephone had started to miss small aspects of her Asgardian life. She felt like a solider but it was the only way to prove herself.

When Persephone had woken up, she saw no sign of Gamora. Gamora would usually wake the goddess up for their training. Persephone had been practicing using her sword and she had gotten better at it, she still needed to work on it, but she was better.

Persephone felt weird, she felt something off. She had a weird feeling in her chest as she saw a small piece of white paper on the table next to her bed. When she unfolded it, it read: Get dressed, you have your first task. Persephone knitted her brows together, she had no clue what she was going to do. She wasn't ready to do anything.

Persephone took a deep breath and went to put on her suit. Once she put it on, she left her room and walked towards Thanos' throne room. She walked past his other 'children' and kept a stoic look. Persephone saw Thanos sitting on his throne with his armor on and she stopped in front of him.

"So, I heard I have my first task," she stated with her hands behind her back. She straightened her back and watched Thanos carefully.

He nodded his head slowly, "Yes, you do," he answered, "Bring him in," he ordered. Persephone furrowed her brows as she turned her head towards the door that she came through. She had no idea about who the prisoner would be and why Thanos was bringing them in. Persephone stood her ground as she held her hands behind her back.

As the doors flew open, the goddess kept her eyes on the person, he was male and his wrists and ankles were shackled and bound to a chain. Persephone glanced at Thanos and towards the male once more, it wasn't until he had gotten closer that she realized who it was.

He long jet-black hair and his clothes were dark green and black. He lifted his head slowly and the two made contact, it was Loki. Persephone felt a pang in her chest, why was Loki here? The goddess turned towards Thanos with a worried expression, "Why is he here?" she asked as Thanos stood up.

"You are going to use your powers and make him do as you say," he answered while looking down at Loki. Persephone knew Loki since they were kids, there were times when she despised and there were times where she understood him. He had fear in his eyes and he didn't come here willingly.

"Make him do what?" Persephone asked with a hint of anger in her voice.

Thanos looked over at Persephone, "The Tesseract is on Earth and we need to get it. You are going to make him go to Earth and get the Tesseract and bring it here," he answered, Persephone felt a weight on her shoulders. She knew one of the stones was inside of the Tesseract. She had no clue why he wanted the stone in the first place, yet, she had no other choice. She couldn't say no or else he might kill her or send her back.

Persephone glanced over at Loki, she licked her lips before turning her head towards Thanos, "I'll do it but it needs to be in private. It's hard to do it with a lot of people watching,"

Thanos nodded his head, "Do it quickly," Persephone nodded in agreement, "We'll clear out," Thanos stood up and dismissed everyone out including himself. As soon as the door was closed shut, Persephone let out her breath.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked Loki while folding her arms across her chest.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Loki started, "Your mother has been looking for you since. She even went to Olympus but came back empty-handed."

Persephone rolled her eyes, "I highly doubt that" she started, "Why are you here?"

Loki looked down at the chains and then up at Persephone, "They brought me here. I came against my own will,"

"How am I supposed to believe you?" she asked, "You're a trickster, I've seen you lie like it's nothing. How do I know you're not here to bring me back or do whatever that fits your agenda?"

Loki grew irritated, "Why would I want to be in these chains?" he spat. Persephone bit the inside of her cheek and she walked closer to him.

She cocked her head to the side, "Well, I have a job to do, so let's get to it,"

"Persephone," the goddess grew a smirk on her face as she placed her hands on his shoulders. She looked into his eyes before concentrating on what she was supposed to do.

She felt her heart pounding against her chest and she tried to remain calm. She took in a deep breath and her eyes grew blue. She looked directly into Loki's eyes, "You are going to go to Earth and steal the Tesseract. Once you take it, you will bring it here after you're done and don't let anyone get in your way. We will have reinforcements just in case," Loki blinked his eyes a few times before nodding his head.

Thanos came into the room, "Did you do it?"

Persephone nodded, "Yes, he is ready to go to Earth,"

"Then let's send him,"

"Now, I'll be going to my room," Persephone walked past Loki and Thanos and went towards her room. She couldn't help but shake an overwhelming feeling in her stomach. She felt like throwing up and beads of sweat trickled down her face. Once she got to her room, she fell to her knees. She started coughing and she felt her throat burning.

It wasn't until she noticed a drop of blood fall on the floor. She touched her face quickly and noticed a streak of blood coming down her nose. She had no clue what was happening to her body and she had never felt like that before. She stood up and wiped the blood off her nose. She couldn't tell anyone.

author's note:

thank you all for 1k !