Freedom Ends Here

Before anyone knew the team was back on track, it didn't take much to clear the obvious routes they already traced loads of times, it was kind of odd how Susie and Lance still managed to get lost, yet the journey was pretty daunting for Kris and Ralsie having to take a break every ten minutes in order not to faint over of exhaustion while chasing them, I say a break, half the time they were just hugging each other.

Kris's POV:

"Hey Kris... you know once for Halloween I was a box?" Susie added as we up scaled the pathway, it seems remarkable that we got here this fast, miles of dungeon corridors, forest ambushes and plane fields where hidden soldiers lurked and we were actually going to make it, the sun shined over with the first glimmer of summer approaching, yet so was the castle.

"...Huh...ah...really Susie?" I ask out of breath, Ralsie supporting my shoulders as I swore I heard my ankle snap under me, I was still fine though, I had no idea how the hell Susie wasn't out of breath from all this, especially since the reward is some big dumb stone with someone to fight on top, kinda reminds me of a retro game we used to play on the over world, I can't quite remember it though.

"Susie?" I ask once more assuming she didn't hear through my heavy breathing, Ralsie trailed along behind me, I really don't know how he was, like he looked like one lone white fluffy cloud in the middle of a storm, something was really getting to him.

"Y-yeah Kris? Oh yeah, the box, I drew a face on it and cut four holes in it so you could imagine I looked pretty weird." Susie replied, I let off a small laugh knowing ho that would look, we kept moving up as the castle entrance came ahead, I held Ralsie's soft paw as we settled down to take a break, my feet are killing...

"Ahhh... Susie, Lancer, K-kris! W-were so high up! I-I'm a little scared of heights, you're ok with them right Susie?" Ralsie shook as his fur snapped up like static.

"Yeah... if I fall I'll probably only break my arms or something... I mean this altitude I might as well, its only like three thousand feet the peak is so." Susie answered as she leaned against the sun simmered rocks, Lancer was just down and almost made it to us, so far he's been oddly quiet and I have no idea why.

"Hey.. I got something to take your mind off it Ralsie, just look at that sunrise, isn't it romantic? it makes your fur look golden... whatever it is your worrying about, let me tell you its alright, Susie? I'm sure all your troubles will disappear soon and Lancer?... umm can we just watch this sunrise together? Its so nice... so calming." I swayed as the cool purple sky was illuminated by the golden and red sun.

"Wish it was a normal sunset but... this is nice, thanks guys" Susie replied in an ironically soft and friendly voice, it was pretty tranquil, I leaned on Ralsie putting my hand to his soft, fluffy and warm chest for a sudden and hard kiss, sending his wide eyes blushing, I let go slowly as Ralsie was frozen with a preciously adorable expression.

"You're such a cutie~" I smoothly told him while looking into his eyes, my eyelids down so I could only focus on him, it was kind of funny with Susie laughing a little, Lancer 's somewhat annoying little baby Santa Claus laugh came through indicating at this point got towards us and we all wrapped their arms around each other.

"Hey Lancer, using your stool form for climbing? I- oh... is that a dark candy for me? Thanks!" Susie gleamed in enjoyment while hugging him tightly, least to say she destroyed the dark candy instantaneously everyone gazed up at the sun while holding each other with our arms, it was tranquil, too tranquil, as if we were actually being tranquilized.

"I'm sorry guys! I gotta go!" Lancer shouted out in worry.

"When will you be back?" Susie asked, Lancer sweated nervously that even the cold mountain air couldn't cover it.