Chapter 6: USJ part 2

Todoroki POV

"I know," she says, "I know."

I look up to see her face. "What?"

(Y/n) POV

'Oh no. That came out as a reflex. Should I just tell him that I work at the hospital?' I think, 'No I shouldn't, it looks like he didn't mean to say it, and Todoroki-san said that she didn't want me to rush him to see her.'

"Uhh, I meant...." I start "I have a good idea!"

"Oh, what is it?" Todoroki asks.

I look at Shigaraki and look back at Aizawa-sensei, "RUN," I say,

Then I feel drowsy, so drowsy I can't stand. 'Oh shoot. I forgot I didn't have enough sleep last night' I think. I make an ice path so that I can sit down because there is no way I'm telling Todoroki that I, who is 2x stronger than him, is out of energy.

When I overuse my quirk, I get drowsy and feverish. Basically the symptoms of a normal cold. And that's exactly how I feel right now. Well at least I can cool myself down with my own ice but, after I start to get drowsy, the more ice I make, the higher my fever goes. Sadness. So here I am, trying my best to stay awake as I slide on ice.

"I think you should get up," Todoroki says, "There are villains everywhere, it's only a matter of time until they catch up to us."

"It's fine, it's fine," I say thinking of how impossible it would be to stand up, let alone fight villains, "You're overthinking it. There are a lot of these villains, but they're super weak. So since they're super weak, I'm gonna sleep, while you can fight them. How's that?"

"Why would I have to fight off villains for you?" Todoroki glares at me.

"Oof, why are you so scary? Chill. I'll defend for myself then." I say as I get up through a lot more trouble than I thought.

I try to adjust to standing and how my head spins differently and after a few seconds, I can stand. 'Hey, I can do this,' I think, 'As long as I can stand, and as long as I can make sure I still look stronger than Todoroki, this is fine. But, lesson learnt. Don't do all-nighters on days we have hero-training, well, more like villain-attacking.'

"Are you tired?" Todoroki asks.

"NO!" I yell a little too loud, "I mean, how can I possibly be tired? We haven't done anything yet,"

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Todoroki says.

I'm breathing hard and I can tell my fever's going up.

Todoroki POV

'What is she doing?' I think, 'Is she actually really tired? I mean she's breathing really hard... but we're running, so that's pretty normal right?'

"TODOROKI!" she yells, "LOOK UP!"

I turn to look in front of me, only to see Shigaraki's hand. I try to make a block of ice but he's too close. 'I was too worried about (L/n), and I can't even take care of myself. So humiliating' I think as all I can do is watch the hand come closer to me.

I jump back just in time and I see a huge block of ice right in front of me and the only place that could have come from is (L/n).

She starts to walk towards me. She's doesn't look okay. I run towards her.

"You're not okay," I say, "are you injured?"

"No, I'm not injured," she says between gasps, "and I'm perfectly fine."

I reach my hand to put on her forehead, but she slaps my hand away.

"I'm perfectly fine," she repeats and gets up to start running away from Shigaraki again.

"Liar," I say under my breath and lift her up for a piggy-back ride.

(Y/n) POV

I blush when he lifts me up and starts carrying me. "Put me down! I'm completely fine!" I yell and try to get down, but after a while, I just stop. I'm so glad I don't have to run anymore.

Todoroki POV

I make several blocks of ice to throw Shigaraki off so he can't see us, and I hide behind a mountain section and put (L/n) back down. I put my hand on her forehead. She's burning up. I quickly coat my hand with a thin later of ice and place my hand back on her forehead. She shivers a bit and then she starts to look a little bit better.

'I wonder what her temperature is right now...' I think, then I look through between the mountains and I see Kaminari as a hostage along with Jirou and Yaoyorozu. Incredible.

"L/n, can you wait here for a bit, I'll be back in a minute or two," I say and leave a thin layer of ice on her head. She nods and says, "I'll be fine soon, I'm just gonna sleep for a bit, sorry Todoroki."

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry," I mumble. "Should've noticed you weren't feeling well..."

"What did you say?" she asks.

"Nothing," I say and run towards Kaminari.

I quickly freeze the last guy up, just enough so he can't move, retrieve Kaminari and freeze him all the way.

"Woah, thanks Todoroki," Jirou says. "Where's (Y/n)?"

"Yaoyorozu, can you make some medicine and a blanket for (L/n)?" I ask, "she has a really high fever, my ice isn't enough."

"Yes, I can," Yaoyorozu responds, "Where is she?"

"Over there," I point and lead them towards her.

Once we reach her, the ice I put on her forehead has long melted.

Yaoyorozu makes a blanket and a pillow, along with some medicine.

"You're going to run out of energy..." (L/n) says as she slowly gets up, "and I'm slowly getting better. Don't worry about me,"

"Don't worry about me, I'm completely fine. If I run out of energy from this, there's no way I can become a hero," Yaoyorozu says.

'But (L/n)'s not normal...' I think, 'To be able to run in that fever, It scares me what she can do when she's okay'

"I'm so sorry," (L/n) says, "I barely slept last night and I overused my quirk, it was my fault, I'm sorry."

~~~

After the pro heroes come, and (L/n)'s back and okay, we're all back on the bus back.

"Todoroki, uhh, I'm sorry for lying," she says, "but I heard what you said, about your mom. I work at the hospital your mom's in. Would you like to meet her?"

"What?"

(A/N Thank you for reading this chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Not much for me to say, so I hope to see you next chapter and PLUS ULTRA!!)