Chapter 8: Sports Festival! Race

(Y/n) POV

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

GO!

Everyone starts to push and shove through the tunnel, and I get pushed along with the flow of people. 'Todoroki's probably not too happy with me. Probably doesn't want to talk to me, more ""like it's awkward now that I mentioned it...' I think, 'What should I do? I don't want him to hate me, I love Todoroki-san, I want to help her, and I just made things worse... wait why am I being pushed around by people? Oh right. We're in the middle of the sports festival at UA. Wait why am I here? Why am I at UA? 

Why do I want to be a hero?'

And then it comes. Beautiful, cold, ice. Ice from Todoroki's quirk.

That I get caught in.

"What's this ice?"

"I can't move, ugh!"

"It's from the front! That guy in class 1-A that got through recommendations! Endeavour's son!"

The people who aren't caught in it are mostly from class 1-A. The people who find a way out of it fastest are Bakugou, Momo and Aoyama.

"WHAT THE HECK. ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE FROM 1-A, WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING ERASERHEAD???" Present Mic goes on the P.A.

"I didn't teach them anything, their normal, the only difference is that students from 1-A don't stop for long. They think of a way out of their problem and work with it faster than others, that's all." Aizawa replies.

"WAIT. ISN'T THAT GIRL FROM CLASS 1-A? HA ERASERHEAD, ONE STUDENT OF YOURS IS STILL STUCK IN THE ICE!!!"

"Hm? Oh, that's (L/n)," Aizawa says and then pauses for a bit, sweatdropping. "And she has an ice quirk..."

~~~

*A bit further ahead*

"WAIT. ISN'T THAT GIRL FROM CLASS 1-A? HA ERASERHEAD, ONE STUDENT OF YOURS IS STILL STUCK IN THE ICE!!!"

"Hm? Oh, that's (L/n)," Aizawa says and then pauses for a bit, sweatdropping. "And she has an ice quirk..."

"HAA?" Bakugou yells, "WHAT THE HELL (L/N)? WHAT ARE YOU DOING GETTING CAUGHT IN YOUR OWN QUIRK? I NEED AN INDISPUTABLE FIRST PLACE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE BACK? TAKE THIS RACE SERIOUSLY, WOULD YOU?"

~~~

*Back to where we are*

"That's true," I mutter. "What am I doing, getting caught in my own quirk? I don't know why I'm here, I don't even know why I want to be a hero, but honestly who cares now right? I'm in the middle of a race. But I don't really want to be first, but I don't want to lose either... wait... lose? Me, lose? Yeah, no."

"BAKUGOU KATSUKI! I TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE!" I yell, well I'm too far back so it's not like he can hear me but oh well.

"What? Why is she suddenly screaming?"

"'I take your challenge'? But isn't Bakugou at the front? She's still stuck in Todoroki's ice!"

"Watch her be last..."

Present Mic is back on the P.A, "(L/N) JUST SCREAMED THAT SHE'S TAKING BAKUGOU'S CHALLENGE? IS THAT GOOD OR BAD?"

~~~

*In front*

"Of course that means good!" Bakugou yells and further speeds up until he hits the first obstacle: zero-point robots.