Chapter 14: Internships

(A/N before I start this chapter, I want to clarify that although there are many different theories on how Todoroki's brother Touya is possibly Dabi, but IN THIS FANFIC, TOUYA IS NOT DABI. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, TOUYA IS NOT DABI, TOUYA IS JUST TODOROKI'S BROTHER THAT'S BEEN LIVING A NORMAL LIFE LIKE FUYUMI. Thank you for your understanding.)

Todoroki POV

"I'm leaving the house now," I call to Fuyumi just to let her know that I'm leaving for my internship.

"Okay! Have fun," she says. "Don't get into a fight with dad again!"

I simply nod and close the door behind me. I'm going to my dad's agency. I probably wouldn't be able to have a mind open enough to go to my dad, if it weren't for Midoriya and (Y/n). But even more than that, I need to make sure that he doesn't do anything to (Y/n).

And I am so worried that (Y/n)'s not going to listen to me and go to my dad's agency. I hope she listens to me...

~~~

I get to my dad's agency and open the door. "Hello, Todoroki Shoto-kun. We've been waiting for you, please follow me." one of the people tell me. I nod and follow the person inside. "The other person this internship is already here," he continues.

'The other person... oh no. Who else other than (Y/n) got an offer from my dad? The other class? Yeah. They're from the other class, don't worry' I think

"It's this way..." they say as they open a door and I see my dad there.

'No (Y/n), this is good.' I think.

"Uh... Hi Shoto... haha..." (Y/n) says as she looks at me sheepishly.

'This stupid girl...' I think and try to calm myself down.

"Shoto, you're late." my Dad says.

"Sorry."

My dad walks towards me and whispers in my ear, "Good job, Shoto."

"Good job? Are you serious?" I ask.

"Hmm? Aren't you the one who persuaded (L/n)-chan to come here?"

"No? I tried to stop her."

"Hmm, well whatever you did, it ended well."

"Uhh, what are you guys talking about..." (Y/n) asks "Was I not that welcome...?"

"No, that's not it--" I start.

"Of course not! It's a pleasure to meet you, (L/n)." my dad cuts me off, "Okay, I have a bit of paperwork to finish before I go on patrol so Shoto, why don't you lead her around the agency first?"

"Sure," I say. 'I didn't want to tell her if I didn't have to, no one would be happy if someone told them that their dad was planning a quirk marriage with them and his son. Especially not (Y/n), she knows what's happened to my mom. But it doesn't seem like I have an option at this point...'

"(Y/n), follow me, I'll show you around," I say.

"O-okay..." she says, "Shoto? Are you mad at me? I know you told me I shouldn't come but I really wanted to go to an internship with the 2nd best hero... And I wanted to see what kind of person Endeavour was... "

"Please don't freak out and listen to me..." I say to (Y/n)

"Okay? Are you going to finally tell me that Endeavour only called me because he's planning a quirk marriage with your brother or something?" she asks me.

"What? You knew?" I ask so surprised.

"Oh so I was right..." she says

"..."