Chapter 7: Sports Festival!

(Y/n) POV

A few days have passed since the USJ incident. A few days have passed since I asked Todoroki whether he wants to see his mom. A few days have passed since I last talked to Todoroki.

"I've been trying to talk to Todoroki, and yet, I haven't been able to even get near him and its already the sports festival. This is bad..." I mutter to myself.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Yes, yes," I say to my alarm clock, "I'm up on my own for the first time, more like I didn't get to sleep for the first time. Why is it that I'm not able to get sleep every time I actually need it? And why is it that I'm able to get up on time, right when I get a new alarm clock?"

I sigh. I get up and change into my uniform. "He definitely hates me doesn't he, it wasn't my place to step in..." I mutter to myself again.

I have a quick breakfast and start walking to school. 

~~~

I reach the classroom and of course, I'm the first one there. I put my headphones on and happily sit down on my seat as I stare out the window. And the second person to come into the classroom just had to be Todoroki.

'Could this be more awkward?'  I think.

I slowly turn my head towards the door of the classroom. 

'What do I say, what do I say, what do I say?' I think, 'think, think, think,'

Right then, Kirishima entered the room.

"Woah, you guys sure are early! I thought I would be first," he says

'KIRISHIMA! THANK YOU!'

I look at the time. Damn. I am early, there's almost an hour until school starts. I walk myself to the nursery room.

"(Y/n)-chan, why are you at school already?" Recovery Girl asks.

"Oh, hello Recovery Girl," I say, "Can I have a nap?"

"Yes, yes,"

I find the nearest bed and fall asleep. I wasn't able to sleep last night, yet I am now, even though I wasn't able to talk to Todoroki or anything. Maybe, I felt a slight sense of relief, relief that based off of absolutely nothing.

~~~

RING RING RINGGG

I wake up. That was the bell.

"Oh, did the bell wake you up?" Recovery Girl asks, "How'd you sleep?"

"Very well, would you wake me up next time?" I sweatdrop, "Wait. Oh no. I'm late."

"Oh, don't worry," Recovery Girl replies, "I mean your homeroom teacher is Aizawa, you can sleep for another 10 minutes without being caught I suppose."

"Is this what a teacher says about classes these days??" I sweatdrop further.

"Well, since you're up, might as well get to class," she says.

"Yeah. Thank you recovery girl," I say

"No problem, no problem," she replies to me.

I run back to the classroom. Even though I can count on Aizawa to be late, I still don't feel right walking into the classroom 10 seconds before our teacher comes in and 10 minutes after the bell has rung.

I'm the last one in the classroom, well obviously, I'm like 9 minutes late.

"(L/n)-san! Why are you 9 minutes late?" Iida complains, "You have to be punctual!"