Goodbye

Sarah stood at her fathers side starting at the door waiting for the attack to begin. She was anxious and terrified. This was the first time she was experiencing something like this. It... wasn't a nice feeling she had... While Sarah and John waited in the main room, Rose sat at Luna's side waiting for her to awaken. But something was wrong with Luna. She wasn't healing like she normally should. Luna was covered in many cuts but the bleeding had ceased. The smell resided within the house though. And with that banging began. Stray vampires began banging recklessly against the barrier John and Sarah put up. Their cries were loud. They screamed out with anger... despair.... and hunger. Sarah trembled in fear trying to ignore the voices. The barrier became slightly weak upon her fear. John looked at her then back outside. He thought for a second and smiled. He breathed in and began humming. Sarah looked up at him with light tears in her eyes. His voice enclosed the room bringing a soothed feel to it. Sarah smiled slightly and breathed in ten and out and looked out with a confident look. The barrier became stronger as John and Sarah were now synced and calm. Rose smiled and looked at Luna placing a hand on her head.

"Luna... My sweet girl..... please wake up soon..... please be okay..."
Tears came to Rose's eyes as she kissed Luna's head. She stood up and walked to her husband side and closed her eyes placing a hand on his shoulder.

"We must protect them John.... We must...."

John nodded and glanced at Sarah who was still holding strong. He gave a slight smile and looked at Rose.

"My love.... lets give them there best chance at survival.... its time to say goodbye..."

Rose opened her eyes as they were wide. She looked down covering her mouth as tears began to fill her eyes. She looked back up at John as he stared at side sternly. Rose nodded and walked over to the closet lifting up the floorboards. A dark passage way leg out to an unknown destination. In the dark way, a small animal crawled out toward Rose. It looked into her tear filled eyes. It nodded and sat waiting. Rose stood and went to Luna's room. She picked her up and slid her into the passage opening. Although it seemed small it was just enough space for small children to easily walk threw. When Luna was safety inside Rose walked over to Sarah picking her up. Sarah looked at her mother in confusion then the open passage then her empty sisters room. Sarah looked at her mother frantically but Rose held on tightly. Sarah became nervous as she began to scream out.

"Mother.... Mother what are you doing?! Please release me I must help father!"

"Your father will be fine, right now you must go.... right now..."

Although Rose tried to sound stern, her voice was shaky and fearful. She carefully placed Sarah next to her sleeping sister and placed a hand on her cheek. Tears rolled of Rose's cheeks as she stared into Sarah's fearful eyes. Sarah looked at her crying mother and reached out her hand. Rose pushed it back and smiled.

"Live a good life....."

Sarah gasped and tried to grab onto her mother but was being pulled back by the small animal which mysteriously grew bigger. She cried out reaching toward her mother. The animal carried Luna on its back and held onto Sarah's dress with its mouth. Rose closed the door to the closet and fell to her knees crying. Her head leaned against the door as whimpered and flinched with every whining cry her child gave out. John leaned over hugging Rose from behind to comfort her. He nuzzled her softly holding on tightly.

"It'll be alright ....I swear...."

Rose nodded and looked up.

"Goodbye... Girls...."