Going Home

Sarah and Luna ran, panting deeply. Sarah held onto her sisters hand tightly running threw the tunnels. Her eyes darted around constantly. Soon Sarah came to a stop, Luna bumped into her back gripping her hand.

"Why're we stopping...?"

Luna looked up in confusion at her frantic sister. Sarah ran her fingers threw her hair panting slightly. She held onto Luna's hand looking around. She sighed and walked over to the wall sitting up against it.

"Lets rest for a bit... I can't go on thoughtlessly like this.... Just for a little while..."

Sarah laid her head back sighing more. Luna looked around then sat down slowly beside Sarah hugging her knees lightly. She leaned her head down on her sisters shoulder. They relaxed for a bit. Their breaths slowed as the rested for a bit. And for awhile..they slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takari walked down the caves holding his hands behind his head. He grumbled while his eyes twitched with anger. He grinned as his hands clenched.

"I'm gonna rip those brats to pieces.."

He continued walking as he grumbled. As he turned the corner  he saw the girls soundly asleep. The leaned against the wall embracing each other tightly. Takari looked at them and rubbed his head. He looked down and bent down in front of them. He poked Luna's cheek. Luna flinched and opened her eyes.

"T-Takari....san.....A-ah--"

Takari covered her mouth placing a finger over his mouth, gesturing for her to be quiet. Luna released her hands from her hold on Sarah. She nodded slowly moving his hand.

"You two.... really wanna go back...?"

Luna nodded fast grabbing his wrist. She stood up slowly, making sure not to wake her sister. She looked at Takari and bowed.

"Please... Please take us home... we have to go home... please.... Let us see our parents..!"

Tears filled Luna's eyes as she gripped her skirt trembling softly. Luna whimpered closing her eyes. Sarah had her eyes slightly open. She stayed quiet, and even if she wanted to cry... she couldn't bring herself to do it. She couldn't cry anymore. She opened her eyes and looked up at her sobbing sister. Luna trembled more trying to wipe her eyes..

"I-I'm sorry,,,I-I didn't mean... to yell...I'm sorry....."

Sarah wrapped her arms around her sister, nuzzling her head softly. She patted her sister with a smile as she began humming lightly. Luna looked toward her sister them away. Takari placed his hands on his hips taking a deeeeeeeeeeppppp breath. He turned and started walking.

"Don't say I didn't warn you two... Lets go... and lets hurry.."

They stood up and started walking. Luna and Sarah held hands while Takari led the way. They reached a back tunnel and strode at the foot of a entryway going upward. Takari pushed up on the floorboards trying to open it. He pushed hard pushing pieces of wood out of the way. He climbed up and looked around, as he did he sighed and turned toward the tunnel. He reached out his hand grabbing onto Luna. Luna climbed up with a smile that instantly fell to despair. She trembled looking around. She took a step forward slowly, trembling with fear as her voice stuttered.

"M-Mommy.....D-Daddy... W-Where.....Where are you...."

As Luna looked around Takari grabbed Sarah pulling her out. Sarah looked around clenching onto Takari's sleeve. She trembled covering her mouth. Luna walked around looking for something... anything.... she looked... and... she saw it..... she saw something..... she could never ever unsee. Luna cried... and screamed.