Part XIV

Tapping your fingers on the table, you watched the clouds passed by and hoping that Tom is with you. It's only been three days and you were missing him then Bobby barked.

"You are missing him too, Bobby? Yeah, me too," you said picking up the dog "You know, this is the reason why I'm not confronting my feelings for him because I know I will just fall deeper. I don't want to say that I am in love with him because I don't think that he will feel the same way. I thought when we agree to our set up and be just fucking buddy I will get used to having him around and feelings with fade." taking a deep breath "Fuck, I've been in denial for so long that I learned to control not to show how I really feel for him." The dog in your lap started to lick you on the cheeks "Gosh, and now he made me babysits you adorable thing." you said running your fingers on his fur "I'm saying random things. Oh, Bobby, what should I do? I knew I should back out years ago."

This debate with yourself continues for days that you know you need someone to talk about it.

"So we are now having the talk." Jude was grinning ear to ear.

"Yes, we are having the talk." you idle said.

"This actually makes me happy," he responded giving your hand a squeeze "Finally you are confronting your feelings."

"Jude, are you going to listen or you'll just do all the talking?"

"Forgive me, I've been waiting for this for a long time," he said winking at you.

"I could imagine how Devon would react if she finds out what I'm about to tell you."  you sighed.

"This is very entertaining for me,[Y/N] " Jude sat up straight laughing.

"Jude." You warned.

"Alright, I'm sorry. Go on, please, I am all ears." Putting his hands on his ears, wiggling his fingers.

"If only there is another person who knows my secret I won't be talking to you," you said glaring at him.

"You love me." Jude smirking at you.

"Yes, I do and you know my deepest darkest secret. So I don't have a choice." you sarcastically said, "And I really don't know what to do." you added seriously "Jude, I don't know what to do? I mean now that I'm confronting my feelings for Tom, I don't know if I can look at him in the eyes."

"[Y/N], it is normal to feel shy or nervous around the person you love. You get sweaty hands, you feel like your heart is about to jump out of your chest, you will blush and all but.." Jude pause getting your full attention "once you are with that person all of does will go away."

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Once you are with the person you love, you will feel comfortable, calm, relax, you will also feel happy by just being with that person, and that you are in your sanctuary," Jude explained.

"That's.."

"That's how you feel about Tom, right." Jude cut you off and you answered him with a nod "For someone who writes romantic stories, you, my friends need more experience on it."

"I'm just not that lucky in that field and in writing, I can control the characters unlike in real life," you answered.

"That makes the two of us. Divorcé father here." He said clicking his glass of wine with your's "To us."

"To us," you said and you two finished your wine "That is good."

"Refill?" Jude asked holding the bottle.

"Yes, please. This is going to be a long night."

"Yeah, talking about feelings, how you will tell Tom that you love him, the positive outcomes and the negative outcomes. Yes, [Y/N], tonight will be a really long night." Jude said while pouring white wine on your glass.

"Wow, that is cheerful."

"Just being honest. But [Y/N], come on. I'm sure Tom feels the same way."

"Is this you saying that I should tell Tom that I love him?" you asked.

"Yes! [Y/N], we are in a generation that when the man lacks the courage to tell the woman his feelings, the woman will step in and do the first move." Jude pointed out.

"You know that I am not like that. What if I told him that I love him and he answers that he loves me as a friend."

"But what if he said he loves you too..." Jude pause as you two stare at each other "I have a plan and I need you to tell me if you are willing to do it."

"What is your plan?" you asked.

"I need your answer first," he responded and you can tell that he was serious.

"Okay, I will do what you want me to do," you answered with determination. You know that Jude will not do something that can put you in danger and he is a man, he knows how a man thinks. Maybe with his help, you'll get an answer.

"[Y/N], we will make him jealous," Jude said holding your hand.

"What?!" you exclaimed making everyone look at your way "I'm sorry," you told them before glaring at Jude "What the hell are you thinking?"

"Look, men are territorial in nature and Tom, knowing that he is the only man in your life."

"He is not." you cut him off.

"May I finish?" Jude asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry. Proceed, please."

"Tom knows that there is no other man lurking around you made him comfortable and because of that, my beloved friend, he doesn't notice his feelings for you. So, if he finds out that there is someone interested in you and you entertaining this man will alarmed him and he will start to feel jealous and then he will realize that he is in love with you." Jude proudly said.

"That is a good plan but what if he did get jealous?"

"At least you tried. [Y/N], let's remove what ifs and doubts, okay. If you don't want to confess to him and risk your friendship, this is the plan." Jude added, convincing you.

"It might be worth it, I will do it."

"Yes!" Jude cheered.

"But who will be the guy?" you asked then Jude looked at you with a playful grin lingering on his lips "You?"

"Yes, Jude Law at your service. No talent fee needed just a friend helping out his friend."

|End of Part XIV|