Part XXIV

Looking at the side of your bed, the clock on your wall said 5:46 and that is 5:46 in the morning. Nervously chewing your lower lips, you couldn't understand why you were so nervous about your date. Tom will be picking you up for dinner. This is not the first time you went out with Tom but thinking that it is your first official date, you couldn't help but be nervous.

You went out for a run to distract yourself but it didn't work.

"Maybe I should eat breakfast, yes. I will not buy my breakfast, I will make one. I should go to the grocery store." you told yourself.

Instead of just food, you end up buying beauty products

"Well, it isn't bad to look glowing, right." you said looking at the bag of beauty products you bought "Yes, I need to moisturize and this is just me, taking good care of my skin. I'm not getting any younger, I should take care of my skin."

Eating the homemade breakfast, you found yourself thinking how stupid that you suddenly care for your skin.

"Tom you better blow my mind with this date or else I will kill you." You said looking at your reflection on the spoon.

Then the doorbell rang and when you answered a bouquet of flowers lay on your front door. Looking at around you didn't see anyone. Picking it up, admire how beautiful the flowers, you noticed the card.

"Good morning, I hope this made you smile the way I smile every time I think of you - full of joy and love. Wear something casual, I know you are not a big fan of a fancy restaurant so I'll be bringing you somewhere close to my heart. The man who's madly in love with you, Tom" You smiled ear to ear as you read it.

The rest of the day became so slow. You just want to be with Tom but you feel nervous. So many things run through your mind, like what if you end up making fool of your self, or what if you said something that will turn him off. There were so many what-ifs and it drove you mad.

Going through your clothes, you couldn't pick out an outfit. You've tried doing a combination of different styles until you screamed in frustration.

"What the hell am I doing?! [Y/N] you just have to be you and that's it. Just wear your normal clothes. Tom said he loves you and if he doesn't like your style then so be it." you said to yourself.

It finally came, almost time for dinner. Looking at your reflection in the mirror, you felt satisfied. You look great, not overdressed or underdressed, you still look you. Your thoughts were cut off by the doorbell and your heart suddenly start beating fast. Taking a deep breath you opened the door and Tom's smile greeted you.

"[Y/N], good evening." Tom softly kissed you on the cheeks and gave you a bouquet of your favorite flower.

"Tom, you shouldn't have, you already gave me flowers earlier," you said.

"No, [Y/N], if I can give you flowers every time I think of you, these flowers will not be enough." Tom response as he caresses your cheek with the back of his hand.

"Thank you, Tom. That's really sweet." you said taking the flowers.

"I'm just being honest," he said with a smile "So, are you ready to go?"

"Yes, but maybe I should leave this here," you said putting the flowers on your coffee table.

"Good idea" Tom agreed.

"I don't want to lose it," you said.

"If you do then I will buy you another one." Tom added.

"You must be really hungry." You giggled.

"Hungry for your love," Tom answered kissing the back of your hand.

After that, Tom held your hand on his and go to your destination. While in the car you asked him several times where he is taking you but he won't budge even you tried to trick him.

"[Y/N], I played the trickster for years. I don't think I can be trick that easily." Tom chuckled.

"But I tricked you to fall in love with me," you said and you were surprised with what you said.

Tom looked at you with a surprise looked on his face but he was still smiling "No you didn't, it is fated to happen."

You don't know what to say. Tom seems to know what to say and make you speechless. Getting near to your destination, the car stopped in an intersection and Tom asked you to wear a blindfold.

"You are not planning to take me into the woods and kill me." you joked.

"[Y/N], please just wear it." Tom polity asked.

"Are we almost there?" You asked while looking around.

"[Y/N], please." Tom insisted.

"Alright," you said.

Tom gently cover your eyes with a cloth "Can you still see something?" he asked.

"No, I can't." you chuckled.

A smile appeared on his face, he loves hearing your voice, how your lips curved in to smile and just simply everything about you. Tom couldn't help it and lean in to take a peck of your lips.

"Did you just kiss me?" you said not removing your blindfold.

"Yes, I want to make sure you are not seeing anything," Tom said making up an excuse.

Arriving at your destination, Tom helped you to get out of his car.

"Is this the part where you are going to kill me." you joked.

"No." Tom chuckled "We are in a place that is close to my heart."

"Can I remove it now?"

"You are being inpatients, [Y/N]." Tom moved to your back.

"Well your not the one who's wearing the blindfold," you respond.

"Well, I don't want to ruin the surprise." Tom's answer.

Removing the blindfold, you tried to adjust your eyes when you felt arms around you. Tom embraced you from behind and said: "This is my special place."

|End of Part XXIV|