Twenty - Her Lie

Edited

Serene

I'm bored after Andros was gone without telling me anything, while myself was a goner when he just kissed my forehead. But I shook my head when I realized that it didn't make sense enough because I just need him to show-off and not to be tangled with love around him. Focus, I thought.

A knock sounded on the door made my heart flipped and a grin drew on my face , but when I looked at the door and realised who. I felt disappointed. Urgh, I was being touchy nowadays.

"Hey, Blaire." I greeted from my bed as she strode toward me with a knowing smile.

"Where's the big smile gone, Ser?" She teased and grinned. "Is there anyone you've been waiting?"

My eyes narrowed," No one. And drop it." I instructed as she shrugged and pursed her lips. "What are you doing here? I thought you're working."

Blaire lifted her hands and wiggled the bags over her arm with a smile," I brought your clothes."

"O-okay...?"

"Guess what?" She asked with a happy smile while I was frowning at her and watched her as if she had grown two heads.

She rolled her eyes as groaned," Oh, come on!"

"What? I don't know what do you mean."

"You're discharged today! Wahoo!" She squealed as my head tilted with my mouth agaped. Blaire put her hands around me and hugged me tightly," Aren't you happy, Ser?"

The claustrophobic feelings started to surround me as I pushed her lightly to give me a space to breath.  She startled a bit but her eyes softened when she realized I was struggling to take a deep breath. She made a sorry face and patted my back to let me relax.

"Why are you such a happy pills?" My mouth blurted.

She hummed. And glanced over me innocently while I was giving her a disbelief look. "What?"

I sucked in my lips, bit it. My mind sensed something's wrong with Blaire that she was suddenly appear being this happy. Last time she was being like this when she broke up with Jeremy, and she acted like she can handle it alone and believed herself was strong. Did Marc broke up with her?!

No! It can't be. Marc had been waiting for her since she was dating Jeremy, I thought.

"Tell me, Blaire." My hand held hers as I urged her to tell me.

She broadened her smile," What do you mean, Ser? Tell you what?" She spoke softly but there was something she was hiding behind the tone.

"Blaire... I'm serious. If Marc did something to you— Blaire Carrine?!"

My eyes widened when I saw a tear trickled down from her eyes as I panicked. Oh shit! Why did she cry? Oh my! I pulled her to the nape of my neck as she sobbed.

"Everything's going to be okay." I reassured her but she kept sobbing and shaking her head.

"Tell me, B. Is it Marc?" I asked her while patting her head.