Twenty Four - Her Answer

Serene

"Date with me, Serene."

I smirked. My mouth was about to shriek but I held on and took another next step and more elegant for Serene. Damn. As I took Andros' hand, I got inside the boat with him. Act cool, Serene. I mentally reminded myself because instead of acting cool guy over here, I just wanted to jump over him and screamed to the world that I'd got him to myself. At last!

I'm so gonna win this plan.

Ads time...

Guys I love you so much that I know many people had been put this book in their reading list and I appreciated it so, so much. And follows me because of this book. Thank you so much.

But guys, I'm not being ungrateful but I hoped you can help me to rank this book by VOTING ME and COMMENT ME like even you are offline. I don't care because I know some of you guys are offline readers and I'm the one of them.

Please guys. Help me with this book.

Okay. Continue reading!

"Took you long enough to say." I smiled while he grinned and settled me to sit in the boat properly.

He took the paddle and row the boat as the darkness seemed fine to both of us for talking. Andros looked serious but he kind of nervous and I liked it. Duh. I liked when people are nervous around me. Feel like I was strong. Was that you rephrase how I felt, writer? Like, really?!

"I was overthinking this morning. It's not like I like you." What. He spiked the moment.

He continued," It just that—"

"So why did you ask me?"

I sensed he looked at me while the surroundings was deep in  the dark and it wasn't the romance movie that you watched with many fireflies because I only saw like three of them. I faced him with a frown on my temple.

"No!" He denied. "I mean like, how—um, how about we try and see how far it goes?"

And I crashed in the end. I was so gonna see how it ended, dear. My lips stretched and formed the forced smile that I hoped he didn't notice. It just I felt a slight pang in my heart when he told me that he had to try and he did not even like me.

He made it hard for me to let him fall for my game, I groaned in my head.

Andros looked unconcerned as he kept paddling the boat while I threw gaze to the outside of the boat and lost only deep thought. I thought that I used many words of deep though and guessed I was a little down when he confessed it. Worth for not being over reacted at the first because he tortured my feelings.

"Torture is a hard word." He spoke as I froze and turned to face him.

I asked," Did I say it out loud?" My eye widened when I let out the question.

He shook his head and snorted," You literally cursed. Like a lot of sighs and curses."

I bit my lower lips and my cheeks felt hot right now that I looked away once again from his stare. I just can't stay confident when his gaze on me. Myself just lost its own  confidence boost like my hands were sweaty and I would probably stuttered when I talked a lot with him. He got me into lot of thinking the right words and guessed the right words like a grammar English teacher.

The silence suddenly accompanied both of us as I shivered under the cold breeze. I could probably felt that he stared on me and then focused back to the water or the boat he was paddling. It was making me more anxious as I didn't like the silence so much, for now. My both hands came around my shoulder and hugged the hoodie because it didn't help to heat my body much.

"Cold?"

His hoarse voice jolted me up as I arched my brow with my mouth lifted to the side when I faced him.

I nodded," Okay. Let's go back to the car."

"But I didn't take the pictures of this place though." I protested as he paddled the boat to the port.

He took the rope inside the boat to get ready to tie it to its place as I pouted in defiance. His eyes flickered to mine as his lips curled to a smirk. He just smirked at me and answered nothing. As he was done tying the rope, he jumped out to the port and handed out his hand to me. The scene was familiar.

"Just a picture."

"We'll get here anytime soon. Maybe in warmer temperature? A brighter surroundings?" He suggested to me as I nodded.

I just realized we weren't not talking further about the date. Well, yeah. He asked me to date him out of the sudden because his ego was scarred when I asked him first. Duh. But honestly, I wanted him to talk to me what he felt and get to know each other but we just randomly talked as he seemed like to avoid the topic of the date.

I'm not sure what we both are. My heart sank.

As we got into the car, Andros and I didn't talk much until his phone suddenly rang as I thought that I was from his office. Since he talked too formal and I didn't like to eavesdrop but the topic he talked kind of triggering my curiosity. Sensing my attempts, Andros loweeed his voice like he almost whispered to the phone.

"Yes. Record of him." Andros replied to the caller.

"Name, sir."

"Adrian Drayson."

The caller asked," Full name, sir. Like middle name because I found like two persons with Drayson."

"That's only me and him." Andros looked over me as he acted suspiciously and put the phone into the earphone Bluetooth.
"—Leon Drayson. Yes. That's okay."

Leon? Like Leon, Leon? How do Andros knew Leon? But Drayson as the last name. Marc never mentioned he had a brother or niece or whatever and I thought that he just an only child in the family.

Or I was the one who wrong?