Twenty Nine - He's Dark

Can we, we keep
Keep each other company,
Maybe we can be, be each other company.

Justin Bieber - Company

Serene

A hissing voice and splashing water greeted me from my sleep as I frowned and looked at my side. A man with tank top and jeans sat on a chair beside the bed while his big hands immersed a small cloth in a bowl of water but he hissed when some drops of water splashes on his hand. My hand fisted and pushed my body to sit up but a hand firmly supported my body to do so.

"Easy there. You're burning up." Andros smiled as he put the damp cloth on my forehead.

Before I could even asked, he spoke," You slept in the car and I didn't want to wake you up since you're terribly sick."

I nodded and tilted my head to his worried face as my hand brushed his face," It's just a fever, Andros. By the way, what time is it now?"

He frowned," You could've fainted if I didn't— forget it." He groaned but glanced at his wrist and replied," Past nine o'clock."

I had been sleeping for five hours and he seemed like he didn't even blink once right now as I took his hand but he pulled away with a hiss. He mumbled 'sorry' but ended up hiding his hand behind his back as I gave him a puzzled look.

"Andros?"

He stood up suddenly with a broadened smile as he leaned closer to my face to kiss my forehead and went to the door just after his lips brushed softly with mine. His eyes met mine as it crinkled with a smile tugged on his lips, but I looked at him suspiciously.

"Are you hungry? Because I think I am. Are you?" Before I could even replied he walked out and said," I will make you some food, then."

I hollered his name," Andros! Come back here!" But he already climbed down the stairs, purposely ignoring my call.

My eyes went to the door as I slowly stood up from the bed, my head snapped to the frame on the table that I didn't realize it was there before. There were two peoples smiling while the other one put his hand on the man beside him and both of them looked younger almost like sixteen or younger I swore they had same faces but before I could analyzed it thoroughly since the picture was far way, the frame was pushed down facing on the table and my eyes trailed to the person who was behind me with his hand pushed the frame swiftly into the drawer.

"Let's eat dinner. " Andros glared at me and approached my hand with his but I pulled away.

"I can walk by myself."

As I told him, I walked out from the door and climbed down the stairs before him but at the same time I heard he sighed. My teeth gritted when I thought the reason he was glaring at me and it was illogical. Why must a person like him kept all the pictures from me? Why?

I will find them when he went to his club tonight, I thought as my legs stopped in the kitchen.

It was a simple dinner to both of us, vegan meatloaf and mashed potatoes that I thought maybe Andros just buy it from any restaurant to or maybe he ordered the dishes. I don't know, but I was hungry as the main thing passed in my mind while I sensed Andros was a little bit anxious even thought we both were eating in silence. I bit my inner cheek as my eyes glanced at him but he looked down to his plate and ate his food, as for his mind in any other places.