Chapter 9

It was late, Haeun already laying in bed amidst her dark room, waiting for slumber to take her

It was late, Haeun already laying in bed amidst her dark room, waiting for slumber to take her. However, as she was on the verge of dream land, the obnoxious sound of a phone ringing pierced the silence.

"Who the hell- "She mumbled, her eyes squinting as she looked at her phone screen. It was exactly 12am, and her sleepy mind couldn't seem to process the caller id. Either way, she picked it up. "Hello?"

"Aww, my doll was sleeping." A joyful voice retorted. "The 24 hours have begun."

"Who are you?" Haeun yawned out, her body dropping back onto the comfort of her sheets. Sleep was the only thing on her mind.

"Too tired to recognize me, doll? It's your favorite best friend in the entire universe!"

"Yuri isn't a boy." The girl deadpanned; mind slightly boggled.

"It's Jisung, idiot."

"Ah, it's you..." Haeun mumbled, almost dozing off. However, the realization soon came crashing down, and she suddenly became wide awake. "Why the fuck are you calling me at this hour?!" She yelled into the phone.

Jisung's pained 'oww' was audible from the other side of the line. "I preferred it when you were half asleep." He muttered,

"Don't call me again or I'll kill you tomorrow."

"Ha, I can call you any time. Mr Bamboo is yet to be revealed."

"What is this blackmail?" Haeun whined, listening to Jisung laugh. "Let me sleep!"

"Okay, okay, fine. See you tomorrow doll!" He retorted cheerfully.

"Good night Satan." She mumbled in response, ending the call and throwing the phone back onto the nightstand. She then whispered a quiet "hate that guy" before drifting off to sleep.

"Why do you always make me do thissss?" Haeun whined, her walking pace painfully slow.

"Come on, waking up at 6 isn't harder than at 6:30." Jisung exclaimed sheepishly. As usual, they were on their way to school, although today he'd insisted to ditch the bus and go on foot instead.

"I'm tireddd." Haeun continued.

"If you don't shut up I'll make you carry me as well." The boy grinned, and Haeun instantly ushered down. They eventually made it to the school, where Haeun spotted her friends in the distance, and gave them a depressed look, whilst they retorted with one of pity. However, she was quickly dragged away by Jisung towards his own friend group. All of them already knew the situation and had previously sent her their prayers.

"Good morning, everyone!" Jisung greeted them cheerfully.

"Save me." Haeun mumbled, causing Mark to start laughing.