CHAPTER 1 - Standing In Front Of His Door Again ...

There she was standing in front of Can's front door ...again! She was so annoyed with herself! The past few weeks had been an ordeal. She had given her perfume to Fabri to get Can out of jail but she had not confessed him what she had done, Aylin had returned to the agency and above all Can's mother was back ... Of course Can had discovered pretty quickly Sanem's deal with the Italian businessman ... At the time she never thought it to be a betrayal but now ... now ... now she understood Can's point of view and the way he reacted! She had never seen him like that! She had wounded a lion and she was paying for it! Well she had deserved it! For someone with a photographic memory, she still had no clue! She had not learnt her lesson and they were back to square one. Ah Sanem ah! How stupid could she be! Can was so hurt. It was all her fault ...

A week ago, Fabri had launched Sanem's perfume and Can had learnt about it at the same time as the entire world! Sanem had never found the "right" moment to admit what she did and as before, it had backfired big time!

Can was already weakened by the return of his mother and this ... this betrayal was the last thing he could endure. After a terrible encounter on the rocks, he told her that he could not believe that she had gone behind his back! He could not believe that she had lied to him! He could not believe that she had not trusted Metin to get him out of jail! But above all, he still could not believe she had bargained her fragrance, HIS fragrance to free him. And, as painful as it was, it would actually be better for them to be apart from now on.

Sanem had stayed silent as he was yelling at her ... he was right. There was nothing she could say to defend herself ... That she gave Fabri her parfume to save him? Come on Sanem! The man was not in prison for murder! He didn't understand. She wanted to act as he did when he had thrown the check at Fabri's face ... but Can was not able to hear it. She had betrayed the very essence of their love. Her perfume, her fragrance that was vital to him. The man needed it as much as air to keep breathing. She knew. She knew all that but she couldn't undo what she had done on an impulse, as she was listening to her heart.

It had been only a week but it had seemed to last a century to Sanem ... Seven days that had tortured her as she could see him and talk to him ... but the connection, their connection was now lost ... Would it ever come back? Could he ever forgive her? Again? At that moment, Sanem came to the decision that she could not carry on like that. It almost killed her last time and she was not going to wait to wither slowly in agony, watching him laughing, smiling to other women ... no it was enough! It was time to act. And there she was standing opposite his front door.

It was already late, the sky menacing with large dark clouds above her head, the wind cold on her bare legs. She shivered but the chill of December was not the reason for her reaction. She had to be brave. She had to do it no matter what.

With a trembling hand, she knocked at the door. Her mind was blank. She could not think anymore. Time for action.

He finally opened the door, after what had seemed like an eternity. He was so handsome. Every time she saw him it was like looking at the sun. She was mesmerized, unable to look away from him. Him ... who stared at her, his face unreadable and emotionless. What had she done to this man? To her man?

He spoke but Sanem couldn't hear what he had said.

"Sanem! Sanem? What do you want Sanem? It's late and I'm really tired," he repeated.

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I won't be long I promise you. Please Can ... please it's important."

"Ok," he said reluctantly, "Come on in."

She thanked him and followed him in the living room. He sat on the couch. Not once did he look at her and Sanem felt her heart ripping into millions of tiny pieces. That was exactly what she had feared ... Stone-hearted, cold-faced Can ... but even so, she could not resent him. She had betrayed him in the most hurtful way and she knew he couldn't cope with that much pain and disappointment in his life at the moment.