14

Jania Akkia White

3 weeks later...

"Best friend you could've told me you were messing with JaCobi!"

I rolled my eyes as Jasmin spoked.

"We're just friends, and besides how do you know JaCobi?" I questioned Jasmin rolling my eyes.

Let's hope she didn't mess with him.

Jasmin and I sat in my living room watching Netflix. She was interrupting my movie, "The BirdBox" by her constant talking.

"Your kidding Jania? He's the biggest drug lord out here. Who doesn't know him?"

"Girl please I don't keep up with all of that. He's cool, we're friends."

Jasmin rolled her eyes pulling out her phone, "I hope your baby daddy knows about this."

I'm so tired of hearing about Caine. He doesn't do shit for me nor my son.

Speaking of my son, I was done shopping for him until he gets here. I've brought over enough stuff. Literally, his room would finished in a few weeks but I diapers everywhere along with wipes and clothes. This whole mothering thing was just too much.

The only thing I'm worried about now is the baby shower.

"I'm not worried about Caine-"

"Word in the street is he started back messing with his ex, Angeliyah." Jasmin says interrupting my sentence.

I rolled my eyes.

"I've heard."

I haven't spoken to him in four days. I'm fine with that because I've been kicking it with Cobi. Cobi and I are getting close by the day. He's just a nice person to be around and I love his energy.

Cobi always took my mind off Caine. I'd be lying if I said Caine wasn't hurting my feelings but he was. I'm his baby mother, his only one and this is how he treats me.

I will teach my son everything he needs to know but I can not teach him how to be a man.

Buzz

Cobi: what you doing ? 2:35 pm

I smiled seeing his name pop up on my screen. He can make my day just by a simple Hey.

If Caine didn't want to grow up ... I wasn't going to make him.

Regardless I was going to take my son and do what I had to do. Caine just doesn't know that there is niggas literally waiting in line for his spot.

Nothing. I miss you , you should come see me. 2:37 pm

JaCobi  "Cobi"