Chapter 1

"Good morning," ... "Ry, wake up."

I feel cold hands on my neck and I slowly open my eyes. The room is bright and it takes a while for my eyes to adjust.

Kylee is laying next to me and I notice my white shirt loosely covering her shoulders. "Good morning," I grumble. She leans in and plants a kiss on my cheek before sitting up. Her hand makes its way down my bare back tracing circles here and there.

"I am feeling nice today, so I'm going to make breakfast, okay?" She asks.

"You don't have to. I can make it after my shower." I say sitting up and turning around in bed. The sheets slide down my upper half and land a little below my belly button.

"Ry, don't waste my good mood." She warns. I nod and she gets up and walks toward the kitchen. My shirt hangs down to about mid-thigh on her. She had put on some fuzzy socks as well, which shows her tiny figure a little more.

The door closes and my calendar sways side to side on the back of it. It's Monday January 21st.

I look to the window. The sun is up and shines into the room. I see my clothes from last night on the chair next to the window and lean over to grab my pants. I pull the covers off and slip my pants on not bothering to button them up.

Then I head to my closet and grab my workout sweatshirt and sweats. In the bathroom I see Kylee's clothes from last night next to the sink and move them over.

I start with brushing my teeth and washing my face. I shave then turn the hot water on in the shower.

————

"Smells good," I say walking into the kitchen. Kylee looks back at me and smiles.

"It has been so long since the last time I've cooked," she says going to the cabinet. She pulls out two of my white plates and a bigger tan one.

"What's the third plate for?" I ask.

"Fruit!" She says with a tone saying 'you should know this'.

"Ah... right," I say taking a seat behind a plate. Kylee has been on the weird only fruits and egg whites diet. If we go to a restaurant where they don't serve egg whites we will go from restaurant to restaurant to find one.

Kylee goes to my fridge and I see a frown. "I thought I told you to go to the store yesterday?" She says agitated.

"Yeah, then I got that call from Karen remember?" I said calmly. Kylee has a high temper and I was not in the mood to tip it in the wrong direction.

"You could've gone after that." Kylee says.

"After my call I noticed I was already late to the dinner with my friends." Once again I say this as calmly as I can.

"Ry..." Kylee sighs and puts her elbows down on the counter. "Are we going to have to argue again?" She asks. In my head all I'm thinking is 'you're starting it'.

"No. I'll go get fruit now then." I say getting up from my chair and heading to the bedroom.

"No!" Kylee yells. I turn back to her and see her eyes start to water.

She looks up at me. "I made you breakfast and all you want to do now is leave!"

"What are you talking about?" I say noticing my tone is also getting agitated.

"That's what you always do! You always find a way out of an argument, that you started, before I get a say in anything!" She yells.

"Have you taken your medicine?" I ask aware that her temper is getting out of hand.