Chapter 24

Danny and I have been meeting up at the coffee shop every Friday coming up with ideas for our wedding even though it's a long way away. Lauren usually has an idea or two for each part of our plan.

So far we both want it simple but something we will remember. I let Danny decide colors and themes which ended up being pink and traditional with lots of flowers.

We both decided to have it at our parish and to have the reception there as well. The church has a lovely area of land with enough room for an outside reception. Danny's mom has agreed to help with decorations which helped us save about half of what we would've spent on wedding centered decorators. We both agreed that the money would be put in savings for a house.

Cole was the one who suggested catering from Olive Garden for the reception and my mom knows an old friend that could make our cake. Once everything was decided Danny and I set about creating a guest list. It took us the majority of April to finish the list, but the hard part was figuring out where to get invitations made.

Danny works in the design apartment of the business we are in, but invitations aren't her thing. After calling about five coworkers she is able to come up with a card company downtown that specializes in wedding invitations. We gave them a call and got information for their website where we sent all the names of people and families we wanted to invite.

Now we are at Danny's place relaxing for the first time in a couple months. "Ryan?" I hear Danny mumble into my chest. We lay on her living room couch not paying attention to the movie we picked out on Netflix.

"Mm.." I respond. She doesn't move but I feel her take in a deep breath before she continues.

"Do you still think of Kylee?" She asks. It takes me by surprise. We haven't really talked about Kylee in the months that we've been together. I feel pressure in my chest start to build as I sense the hint of jealousy in the way she asked the question.

"N-no not really... maybe every now and then, but she is the one who gave me Ella. Why do you ask?" I say shifting so I can see her face.

"I... I don't know. I've just had her on my mind, and the relationship you used to have with her." She says looking up at me. Then she looks back down and I feel her fiddle with the back of my shirt. "Never mind. Forget I asked." She says quietly.

"Wait Danny, I promise what me and Kylee had is nothing compared to what you and I have okay?" I reach over and hold her face in my hand.

"But you guys.... you had.... you...." she struggles with her words and continues to avoid eye contact, "you guys did... it." She says.

"Oh, so that's what this is about." I say exaggerating my words a little bit. "Well yeah we did it, but I mean... I was immature and she was a little crazy so it just happened."

"But you loved her?" Danny asks finally looking into my eyes. Then something clicks in my head.

"Are you on your period?" I ask. It takes her a second, but her cheeks go red before she hides her face in my shirt.

".... maybe." She mumbles and I laugh.

"Danny! What the heck are you thinking about! We are getting married. M A R R I E D" I spell out and it's her turn to laugh.

"Ugh I know I know! I'm sorry! I feel like I do this every time!" She yells into my shirt and I wrap my arms around her hugging her tight.

"You should've said something I would've gotten you some wine... or chocolates... or whatever your moody, overthinking self likes." I say and she playfully hits my chest.