Chapter 26

On the first day of our honeymoon Danny and I toured the island and tried so much food that by the time we returned to our little hut we were slow and tired.... but happy.

"That lobster shrimp thing was soooo good." Danny groans landing face first in the bed. I sit down beside her running my fingers through my hair. My feet hurt and my legs are tired from the small bike ride we took across the town area.

"I personally liked the dragon fruit cake after lunch." I say and she flips over to look at me. She smiles and pats the spot behind me signaling for me to lay down. Instead of laying on that spot I shift over placing my hands on the bed on either side of her shoulders. She looks up at me and I can see her blush slightly.

"I feel a little gross. Do you mind if I take a bath first?" I ask bending down and kissing her nose. She nods.

"You do smell." She says laughing at my hurt expression. "I'm kidding!... maybe." I get up off the bed with a grunt and she laughs following my movements. I head over to my suitcase to get some cloths, but I feel Danny's arms wrap around my waist. "Maybe I'll join you in there in a bit." She mumbles and I have to turn my head to hear her. I feel my ears heat up when I register her words and my heart pounds in my chest. I feel her arms tense when I don't say anything. "Maybe." She repeats.

As I feel her hands slip and she turns away I turn around and grab her and she squeals as I flip her over my shoulder.

"In a bit? Oh no you're coming with me now!" I yell and she laughs so loud that I feel it against my shoulder. I walk around the room with her still on my shoulder her legs swinging back and forth and her hands griping the back of my shirt.

"Ryan Taylor put me down! Ahhh!" She yells as I drop her on the bed. She tries to run but I grab her waist sitting her back on the bed.

"Stay if you know what's good for you Danny Taylor." I say in a deep, but humorous tone. Danny simply holds in a laugh, places her hands in her lap, and sits still. I walk over to her suitcase and look through it for my choice of clothing. When I dig a little deeper I find a secret zipper and look back at Danny. Her face is red and she's peaking at me through parted fingers.

"Don't- Don't look in that." She whispers but I see her smile as I slowly unzip it. My eyes remain on hers as her gaze flicks back and forth between mine and the secret pocket. When I feel soft fabric in the pocket I look away from Danny and what I now hold in my hands. I feel not only my ears get hot but also the back of my neck as I fumble with the thin piece of clothing.

Without looking back at Danny I grab my clothes and what I found then I turn back to her. Her knees are tucked to her chest and she hides her face again but I hear a little giggle when I walk closer. Before she could run again I grab her even with my full hands and sling her over my shoulder once more.

"I think you're stinky too. Want to change that?" I ask Danny and she giggles more as I struggle to open the bathroom door. Once we enter I set her down on the large sink counter and I shut and lock the door behind us. I place the clothes on a chair next to the bathtub before reaching in and turning on some warm water. Danny fiddles with her shirt as she watches me walk around grabbing some soaps and towels and setting them beside the bath.

When I'm done preparing our little bubble bath I look back towards Danny who is suddenly quiet. I walk quietly up to her not breaking our eye contact as I place my hands at the bottom of her waist. She leans in and wraps her hands around my neck and wraps her legs around my waist pulling me in closer. Our noses touch slightly and our breath mingles before I put my lips to hers starting with a small peck before she tugs on my hair deepening the kiss.

Her hands move down my back before stoping at the bottom of my shirt. I feel her cool fingers on my bare skin and my breath hitches in my throat. She takes my shirt and pulls it over my head only breaking the kiss for a moment before we return to each other.