Chapter 4

(Jenna's POV)

Last night was terrifying...to say the very least.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and I was so tired that I could've slept like a log...had some unknown creature not tried to have a sleepover with me.

Well...I said unknown creature, but as I stare once again at the long, thick, eerie looking web that is hanging right above where my head was as I slept...I'm pretty sure I know who my visitor was – a spider.

I shudder in revulsion at the thought, for what seems like the millionth time since I was torn from my sleep, just knowing that that thing was probably touching me.

Gah...ska...fa!!! I hiss incoherently as I shiver and shake while erratically running my hands over my body, face, and through my hair once more, feeling as if I'll never be clean again. 

Not only that, but it felt like the damn thing kissed me...

God...I'll vomit, if I keep thinking about it.

What's worse is that my lips are tingling, for some strange reason. With my luck, it was probably some kind of poisonous Moldavian spider.

I rub the back of my hand across my lips vigorously, trying to wipe away the utter horror of it...

Knowing that I won't be able to go back to sleep, I drag my tired ass down to the kitchen and start a kettle of water to boil on the stove...once I figure out how to turn the damn thing on.

With words on the strange, old knobs like, De Gaze, Față, Spate, Cuptor, Scăzut, Mediu, Ridicat, Se Fierbe, Coace (Gas On, Front, Rear, Oven, Low, Medium, High, Simmer, Bake)...can you blame me?!

And God help me, if I ever try to bake something because the temperatures, on what I assume is the dial for the oven, are all in Celsius.

While the water's finally heating up, I grab a broom from the laundry room and head back upstairs, using it to take down that nasty web above my bed. 

As I walk around to the other side of the bed, I notice a bit of what looks like webs strewn across the floor as well.

I slowly crouch down, holding the broom like a weapon, ready to strike, before using it to hesitantly poke around under the bed skirt.

"Are you under there, you little menace?!" I ask loudly.

A familiar smell seems to waft out...a very masculine scent, causing my brow to furrow in confusion.

Where have I smelled that scent before?

I shake my head and then pull the broom back. As the skirt lifts, I notice, to my utter shock and horror, a ton of webs underneath the bed, covering my new suitcase...

What the fuck...

I use the broom to push it out the opposite side and then walk around.

I slowly approach my suitcase and nervously swallow, terrified at what might have taken up residence inside of it.

I take a few deep breaths before using the broom to lift it open and then jump back, ready to either strike or run.

But to my surprise, it's completely empty...except for a thick coating of webs.

It looks like Peter Parker had a party in there, which causes me to shudder.

God...if I wasn't so broke, I'd throw it in the trash. 

Since I can't, I use the broom to remove as much of the webs as possible before sliding it back underneath the bed. There's no way I'm touching that thing right now!