Chapter 21

(Jenna's POV)

After talking with Aimee, I felt so much better.

In fact, I'd decided that I was going to just let go and give things a chance with Nik...see where they go.

During lunch, as well as the rest of our work day, we held hands and flirted playfully. It felt nice to finally feel that free.

God...I can see myself falling so hard for Nik that I can't help but be a little scared though.

But, as my father said to me when he was teaching me to ride my bike without my training wheels for the first time, 'No risk, no reward'...

Of course, I didn't really understand that as a kid but, boy do I now!

I can only hope that that my reward is Nik...in love with me too.

Fingers crossed!

We arrived home from work about 40 minutes ago and I am now soaking in a nice, hot bath in preparation for tonight's date, as Nik called it.

I don't want to seem presumptuous or slutty, but...I am making sure everything is clean shaven...though I know that I could never go through with it...sex...this soon.

I want to really get to know Nik and enjoy spending time with him first...make sure he is the one.

I mean, we might find out that despite our intense attraction, we have nothing in common, which is very possible since we both come from completely different backgrounds.

But again, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and let things play out.

Once I'm out of the tub, I slather myself with lotion and get ready.

Nik said he'd come up and get me at 6:00 pm, like a real date...so here I am, sitting on the chair by the fireplace, waiting for him.

A few minutes pass in nervous anticipation before he knocks on the door.

I walk over and answer, and as always, am blown away by how impeccably dressed and handsome he is.

And tall

And tall...

"My lady..." he greets before kissing my hand gallantly. "I brought these for you," he says before handing me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, tied with a thick, red, silk bow.

"Thank you," I say as I turn to place them on the table. "I don't have a vase..." I frown.

"Don't worry...Ursula will be up momentarily with one and will take care of it," he assures me with a smile.

"I'm glad...these are far too pretty to waste," I tell him.

"Shall we?" he asks, holding out his arm for me to take.