(I) Miss Him

This is NOT a songfic! Music and lyrics are placed simply to set the mood of the story.

Other than that enjoy another Miraculous story!

Cover made by the wonderful KatlynHearts15 who helped make this story happen

Song: 'I Wish You Loved Me' by Tynisha Keli

_______________________________________

Something, Something as simple as me hearing your name
Puts me, Puts me in a place that I can't even explain

"Hey Marinette? Did you know that Adrien was back in town?" Alya asked

I froze at the sound of hearing his name. I haven't seen the man in almost two years and yet the mere mention of him was still able to make me weak at the knees. "No...I didn't...when is he coming back?"

"Sometime today, Nino's actually on his way to pick him up from the airport as we speak."

"How long did you know about this?"

"Just a few minutes, I was talking to him on the phone and he told me. He was SUPPOSED to keep it a secret apparently, but you know how bad he is at that." She laughed. "I told him tha he should bring him so we can all catch up at the coffee shop. You want to come?"

The last time I saw Adrien was at the New year's ball two years ago. He invited us all there and even said he had something important to tell me. Over the past years our friendship had became something more. Upon discovering that he was Chat Noir and him finding out I was Ladybug after we finally defeated Hawkmoth.

I really didn't know back then
But right now I am totally sure
Baby I know I'm your friend
But I wanna be much more

I had always had some sort of feelings for Chat that I didn't quite understand and it always made me question my feelings for Adrien, but now that I knew the truth it made sense. I was in love with the same man this whole time.

Sadly, it wasn't the case vice versa. At the New Year's ball I went to meet Adrien on the rooftop like he had asked and when i got there he wasn't alone.

With him was Kagami, a girl that he had once stated he had feelings for back in the day and if that's not the worse part about this then it was definitely what they were doing that was.

They were kissing....or at least she was kissing him, it didn't look like he was returning the gesture, but at the same time he wasn't pushing her away either.

I was confused, broken, and hurt all at the same time. I stepped back into the shadows, they hadn't noticed me arrive so I used that to my advantage and left the scene, completely leaving the party that night.

Two weeks later, he was on a flight to England for college and it was rumored that him and Kagami were in a relationship.

Chat had confessed to me multiple times in the passed and I've always rejected his affections and even after knowing the truth I still didn't do anything about it.

I guess it was never meant to be...

Yet, despite how much it hurted to see him with someone and how it still hurts thinking about it now......I really do miss him.

"Yeah I'll come." I finally agreed

Alya raised an eyebrow at my answer. "You don't seem like you're sure."

"I guess I'm just nervous since it's been so long since the two of us spoke."

"Well I'm sure he'll be ecstatic to see you again." She picked up her purse. "Come on let's get to the shop and meet them there."

~~~~~

As I sat at a table with Alya waiting for the boys to arrive I couldn't help the nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Just how would I react to seeing Adrien after two years? How would HE react seeing ME?

I tried to keep my cool so I wouldn't raise any suspicions from Alya, but the longer I sat here waiting for the very man who I tried to bury my feelings for and fail. I was beginning to lose it a little.

Alya stared at me while taking a sip of her cappuccino. "Hey Mar? Are you really that nervous about seeing Adrien again?" I shrugged and took a sip of my drink. "Do you still have feelings for him?"

I nearly choked. "What do you mean?" She raised an eyebrow at me and I sighed. "I'm....not sure how I feel about him now. I mean it's been two years and...I don't he has interest in me anymore."

"Anymore?"

"Uh...I mean if he DID have an interest I doubt it's still there."

"Well...maybe that's something the two of you could possibly talk about." Alya's attention was caught by something at the entrance. "Speakimg of the devil..."

I turned around to see what Alya was looking at and I felt my breath hitch slightly.

I get butterflies when I see you coming
Oh boy you got me running
This feeling in my stomach
Tells me I should be your woman

Entering the store was Adrien with Nino right beside him and may I just say I didn't think it was even possible for this man to be any more handsome than he was two years ago. How was that even physically possible?!

My hearts beating faster the closer he gets and I feel like I might pass out right here at this very moment. Why in the world does he have this effect on me?

For a second we made eye contact and it felt like an eternity. He blinked, probably surprised to see here, then he did something that I didn't expect him to do after not seeing or speaking to him for two years.

He smiled at me.

Cause your the only one who makes my fairytale come true

_______________________________________

So as you can see this is what we have succumbed too. A story based off not just one but TWO songs.

Originally it was just one song but I thought the other one fitted well for the story too so here we are.

Tell me how you liked this story and sorry if I couldn't give a deeper backstory than what's provided.

Blue is out ✌