I Really (Loved) You

Song: I Wish You Loved Me by Tynisha Keli

_______________________________________

After we ate with my parents and they practically attacked Adrien with greetings and affection. I was finally taking him back to Nino's place. On the way we started reminiscing about old akumas in the car and all the other adventures we had.

"Remember when Mr. Pigeon used to just like pigeons?" Adrien said with a laugh. "Who would have thought that he out of all people would have turned into Monsieur Rat?"

I laughed at the memory. "We'll we did tell him to find a new animal to befriend. I just wish he chosed a cuter one with less....diseases."

"I recall someone turning into a cute little mouse to save us one time though." Adrien said with his playful tone. "Isn't that right Mousinette?"

When I looked over at him he gave me a wink, fighting the blush I scoffed at his comment. "It was a one time thing okay? You of all people know why I had to do it."

"Yeah I know, but that doesn't mean you didn't still look adorable with your little Minnie mouse hairstyle."

"Oh my god, will you stop?" I giggled, but still felt my face burning. "You are such a dork."

"You know I'm right M'lady....you're blushing." It's official, this man is trying to kill me.

Thankfully we finally arrived in front of Nino's place. I parked in front of the complex and we both exited out of the car.

"So you're staying with Nino while you're here?" I asked curiously.

Adrien nodded. "Yeah, it's better than being in some fancy five star hotel by myself. Plus it'll be harder for the paparazzi to find me." He makes his way around the car and stands in front of me. "I really had a great time with you today Mari."

"Yeah...me too." Maybe today wasn't so bad after all. Despite the constant jumping of my heart, I really do enjoy spending time with him.

I'm perfectly fine with just being his friend.....right?

How can someone make me so sad
But still I only want you to stay
I wanna say "I love you" so bad
But I don't wanna scare you away
Please I wish that you'll understand
That I wanna be more than just your friend
I wish you loved me

"Well...I'll see you around Adrien." I turned to take my leave, but I was stopped when he suddenly grabbed a hold of my hand.

"Before you go...." he said, "Mari there's something I need to tell you."

Said if you really love somebody
I mean really really really really love somebody
Let me hear you say yeah

"What's wrong Adrien?" Not sure what's happening all of a sudden, but if Adrien needs help then damn sure I'm going to help him.

"Well it's just I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now." He squeezed my hand and suddenly my heart starts to race at what he might say.

Let me hear you say yeah yeah

I can see that he's slightly red in the face and clearly having trouble saying what he what's to say, but then there's this glint in his eyes as he suddenly becomes determined to finish what he aas trying to say.

If you really know you need him

And you know deep down your never gonna leave him
Let me hear you say yeah yeah yeah

"Marinette...." he breathed my name.

Hear you say yeah

"...I'm...I'm in love with you."

I blinked clearly shocked, I wasn't expecting that, nor do I believed that I heard what I just heard. Did he just...?

"You..love me?" I repeated, because I wasn't sure I can trust my ears right now, or my heart.

"Yes...I do." He says with a confidence that was only ever seen in him. "I've loved you since the moment I met you."

I'm trying so hard to wrap my mind around this right now. "I'm sorry, but I don't understand...didn't you say earlier that-"

"I know I said for us to start again as friends, but I cant deny how I feel." He took my other hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Being with you today, spending time with you, it reminded me why I fell in love with you in the first place." He held my hands closed to his heart and I can feel it beating almost as fast as mine. "I want to be with you Marinette there's no one else I'd rather be with."

My heart is racing like crazy. There was nothing more in the world that I wanted, but to hear him say those words. I wanted to kiss him tight now, to melt in his arms and think about the entire future we could have together, but....I can't forget.

Images of the New Year's ball keep flashing in my head, seeing him with Kagami. Those messages from all those girls who clearly want him. There's no way....there's no way he'd choose me.

No one is that lucky....I'M not that lucky.

"N..No.." I took my hands away from his. "...you're lying."

Adrien blinked surprised. "What?"

"You don't really feel that way Adrien."

"Marinette I'm telling you the truth." He reached out to me and I pulled away.

"I know what I saw at the New Years Ball Adrien. I know what you're saying isn't."

He looked slightly confused for a second. "Mari....what are you tal-"

"Besides it doesn't matter even if what you're saying is true, even if you think that what you're saying is true it doesn't matter." I decided I didn't want this to continue so I did what I had to do. "I'm....not in love with you anymore."

Adrien stood there shocked, his expression turned into one of hurt and I could take seeing him like that. "I'm sorry...I...I have to go."

I turned away and hurried into the driver's seat of my car, without looking back I started the engine and begin to drive away, but that didn't stop me from looking in my rearview mirror as Adrien watched my car drive away.

_______________________________________

Well.....that was sad....

Next chapter will be the final chapter with Marinette's POV

That's really all I can say...

Ciao for now 😘