(Let) Us Be Happy

Just one more chapter after this one!

I hope y'all are ready!

Random reader: WE'VE BEEN READY FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS NOW!

Wtf how'd you get in here?! *sprays fandom repellent*

Song: 'Say You Wont Let Go' by James Arthur

_______________________________________

I don't believe I've ever ran so fast in my life. I know what I have to do now and I couldn't wait a moment longer to do it. I just hope Marinette won't be too mad at me showing up so suddenly at this time of night.

I would have done this much earlier if I hadn't overslept. It was midday when I went to go take a nap and now it's almost 1 in the morning. I guess I was much more exhausted from last night than I thought.

The sky was dark, there wasn't a single star in the sky and I can hear thundering in the distance. It sounded like it could rain any minute.

Once I arrived at Marinette's apartment I noticed her window was cracked open, but when I took a look inside she wasn't there. I assumed she'd be asleep by now, but she was no where in sight. Maybe she was staying at a friend's?

I sighed and leapt over to the next rooftop. So much for wanting to talk to her immediately. Where in the world could she be?

That's when I remembered something, what if she still did patrols as Ladybug? She could be out right now.

I took out my staff and activated the tracker to Ladybug's yoyo. Sure enough, she was transformed and currently heading towards the Trocadero. I immediately vaulted towards the area.

Once I arrived I noticed her sitting at the edge of one of the buildings. Luckily her bright red suit was easier to spot in the dark. I made my way over until I was a few feet behind her.

I cleared my throat to catch her attention, she seemed to jump a bit at my presence before realizing it was me.

"Lovely night tonight, isn't M'lady? I said in a attempt to ease her tension.

"Chat Noir?" Ladybug blinked, before letting out a slight giggle. "Yeah I guess you can say that." She turned to look back at the city. "Sorry its been awhile since someone's been out here with me. Not a lot of trouble happens since....well you know."

"Yeah..." I walked over to the edge and sat beside her. We sat in silence for a moment before I decided to speak again. "Couldn't sleep?"

Ladybug sighed. "No...not really."

"Any reasons to why?" I asked despite knowing her answer.

"Just...a lot on my mind I guess." She sighed again. "You?"

"Well I actually came to talk to you Marinette."

"How you know I was out here?"

"I have my ways." I said with a grin. When she gave me a curious look I chuckled and gestured to my staff.