I (Wont) Give Up

Just two more chapters to go after this one.

Song: 'Say You Wont Let Go' by James Arthur

_______________________________________

"Finally, everything is perfect."I said making sure everything was in it's place, then picked up the tray of food and headed toward the stairs to my sleeping wife.

On my way there I stopped by the dining table to check up on the kids. Emma, Louis, and Hugo were all eating their breakfast before it was time for them to go to school.

"Make sure you finish up soon, it's almost time to go." I reminded them.

"Okay Daddy!" Emma said smiling while Louis and Hugo continued to stuff their faces.

I smiled and continued to deliver the tray to the master bedroom of the house. I pushed the door open and gazed upon my beautiful wife who was still asleep, she had a long night between working on designs and her patrols as Ladybug. Plus she wasn't much of a morning person so it was near to impossible to get her up on time in the morning.

I sat the tray on the nightstand and sat on the bed. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead which made her stir a little.

I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head

Her eyes blinked open and she stared at me for a minute before a smile spread across her beautiful face. "Morning..." she said in a tired voice.

"Morning Princess.~" I leaned in and gave her another kiss. "I hope you slept well."

"I think I need another hour." She groaned and turned on her side to face me.

"I can't promise an hour M'lady, but I can give you a few extra minutes. I'm going to drive the kids to school today."

"Are you sure? I did say I would do it."

"I know, but you need to learn not to take so much on your plate. You just lay back and relax for a little while and eat your breakfast, I'll be right back." I leaned in to give her another kiss on her forehead, but she lifted her head up and kissed me on my lips, it took me by surprise at first, but I soon returned her kiss with much affection.

Our lips parted and she looked at me with those gorgeous blue eyes. "I love you Adrien."

"I love you too Marinette." This woman is the only one that could make me feel this happy.

And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

It didn't take too long to finish getting the kids ready for school and their elementary school was down the street. I would usually drop them off before heading to work at the school I work at, but I decided to take the day off to help Marinette relax.

I stopped at the front of the school and let them all out of the car. "Okay kids you have a great day at school, make sure to listen to your teacher and be good okay?"

"Okay Dad!"

"Bye Dad!" My sons ran towards the school entrance in a race.

I chuckled until I noticed my daughter wasn't following. "What's wrong Emma?"

"You didn't give me my goodbye hug." She reached out to me. I smiled then picked up Emma and held her in my arms. "I love you Daddy."

"I love you too sweetpea." After a few more seconds I set her back down. "Now hurry and catch up with your brothers."

Emma nodded and proceeded to head towards the entrance waving back at me. I watched until she was inside  and got back into my car to head home.

When I arrived I heard some movement in the kitchen and followed the sound to find Marinette doing the dishes. Her back was facing me so instead of making my presence known tiptoed behind her and covered her eyes. She was startled at first until I leaned in and whispered, "I'm back Princess.~"

When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now

She pulled my hands down and look back at me. "Adrien...I've told you not to sneak up on me like that."

"I can't help it M'lady I'm just a sneaky kitty.~" She giggled at my joke and my heart soar at the sight.

"Well kitty let me finish these dishes and-" Before she could finish I pulled her away from the sink and twirled her into my arms. "Adrien..please..."

"Those dishes can wait." I said with a huff. "I need my lady's attention."

She shook her head and smiled at me. "Oh you.."

Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that everyday'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow

I can hear music playing so Marinette and I began swaying to the melody. I didn't bother to question where it was coming from, I was too distracted by this gorgeous woman in front.

Beautiful, talented, brave, and kind. Marinette was everything I ever wanted and more. Having her in my arms like this felt like a dream.

"I love you Adrien."

"I love you Marinette." That's when the music stopped, and I felt her slip from my arms. I tried to hold on but the more I grabbed the more she faded away.

"Marinette?" She didn't answer me, "Marinette!"

She disappeared before my eyes...then...I was awake.

I'm lying in bed inside the spare room Nino let me stay in. The entire thing was a dream after all, but that dream made me realize something important.

"Plagg, claws out!" I'll apologize to my kwami later for suddenly shaking his slumber, but at that moment, I had to go see Marinette.

_______________________________________

Hey there peeps it has been awhile!

And honestly you may not see another update for awhile again, but HERE YOU GO!

I've already explained in my announcement what's been going on so if you're interested you can go read that.

Now I'm off to eat me a yogurt

Peace ✌