I (Wish) Things Were Different

Plenty of you have asked me to continue and have suffered from waiting so here is the next chapter.

Tbh I already have this whole story planned out it's only 10 chapters long lol

Enjoy!

Song: I Wish You Loved Me by Tynisha Keli

_______________________________________

I never thought I'd feel so out of place sitting here with my friends. We've always had the best time and conversations with the four of us, but I can't seem to put away my feelings long enough to just enjoy it.

I can't stop stealing glances towards his direction and I barely have said a word to him in short of 'hello.' I honestly didn't think it was possible, but Adrien looks even more handsome than when I saw him two years ago.

Calm down Marinette.

"So Adrien how was your flight? What exactlyare you studying over there in good ol England." Alya asked.

"It was fine, nothing special really I'm used to plane rides ya know?" He took a sip of his coffee and continued. "You guys know how much I loved school as a kid so I'm studying to become a teacher. I want to help the next generation exceed the same way Ms. Bustier helped us."

A teacher, I can see him doing that. He really is great with kids and it makes me wonder if he ever planned on having his own one day.

Wait....what am i thinking?

"So what are you guys up to?" Adrien asked.

"I've got an internship at the broadcast station." Alya said excitedly "You're looking at the next Nadia Chamack of Paris News."

"How about the first Alya Cesaire?" Nino said smiling at Alya. "I think i like her a lot better."

"You're cute. Tell Adrien about your gig."

Nino shrugged. "It's nothing special, I work part-time as a DJ. I do parties, clubs and other stuff like that. I'm currently working on a new mixtape, but I'm not sure if it'll take off."

"Of course it will Nino." Alya insisted.

"You're music is amazing Nino. You should have more confidence in it, you'll do great I'm sure." I spoke up as well.

"She's right." Adrien said and pat Nino on the shoulder. "You should have more faith in your talent."

Nino rubbed the back of his neck looking slightly embarrassed from our compliments. "Thanks dudes, it really means alot."

Our conversations continued and for a moment I felt my anxieties slipping away, that was until....

"So Marinette? What have you been up to these days?" I looked up at Adrien's eyes that were now staring in my direction. He was sporting that gorgeous smile of his and I felt my heart about to explode.

I took a few seconds to try to calm down so I wouldn't completely sound like an idiot trying to answer his question. "Nothing special really, I'm still trying to become a fashion designer." I chuckled nervously "I'm taking classes on fashion and design at the moment and I've applied for a few internships."

"Nothing special? You're finally going after your dream Marinette." His smiled brightened. "I think you're amaz.....I mean that's....that's really amazing." He picked up his drink taking a long sip as he seemingly glared at the table and it almost looked like his face was turning red.

Alya's phone buzzed and she pulled it out to read her message. "Oh crap, I forgot I have to be at the station in the next 20 minutes." She got up from her seat. "Im really sorry guys, I really wish I could hang, but I gotta bounce."