(You) Loved Me Once

I'm so hungry.....I NEED FOOD!!!

Song: Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur

_______________________________________

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go

My heart stopped after hearing her say those words that I didn't even realize just how much I wanted to hear them until now. I felt happy, but that quickly disappeared realizing the situation I'm in right now.

"Marinette...you're drunk." I stated to her, she was intoxicated and unaware of what she was saying. As much as it hurt, I can't believe what she's telling me right now. "Besides you....said you didn't love me anymore."

"I lied...I never stopped loving you" Her face was growing red, but I don't know if it's from embarrassment or the effects of the alcohol. "I've loved you for so long..."

I feel like my chest is about to burst. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. "You should get some rest Marinette. I'll be right out in the living room if you need me."

"I'm so sorry I hurt you, I shouldn't have lied to you." She began to cry and the sight tore my heart apart. "I wouldn't blame you if you didn't love me anymore..."

"That's not true princess." I sat back down on the bed and held her in my arms. "There's nothing in the universe that can make me stop loving you....that I swear...." I placed a kiss on the top of her forehead. "Get some rest, I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

"Promise?"

"Cat's honor." She smiled and closed her eyes and eventually drifted off to sleep, leaving me to think of what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up with a slight pain in my back and neck. Once Marinette had fully went to sleep I laid her down and went to sleep on the living room couch. Alya hadn't shown up and I didn't want to leave Marinette here alone while she was drunk in case she woke up and did something that could've gotten her hurt.

So here I am with a crick in my neck because I just love this woman too damn much and honestly I'd do it all again, as long as she was okay.

Still....I wonder if she would remember the things she said to me last night.

I hear the sound of a door opening when I look over the couch, I see Marinette sludge her way across the room and towards the kitchen, if she was aware of my presence she hasn't made it known.

I stood up from the couch and followed her into the kitchen. That's when I noticed her clothes were changes, she now wore a tank top and a set of pajama pants. Her hair was down and a little messy, but I think it made her look adorable. I wouldn't mind waking up every morning to see Mari like this.

She grabbed a cup from the cabinet then turned around to grab something else, that's when she had finally noticed me here. Her eyes widen and she shrieked, nearly tossing the cup in the air. Luckily I reached forward and caught it before any glass was shattered. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have made my presence known a little earlier.

"A..Adrien?" She stuttered out. "What are you doing here."

I sat that glass down on the nearest countertop. "I'm guessing you don't remember to much of last night huh?" I asked.