12 | blackmail

12 |

blackmail

Much to my surprise, my father didn't yell at me when I got home an hour later than I was supposed to.

I didn't stumble inside, but I definitely, without a doubt, reeked of weed. 

He must have noticed, but he didn't say a single word about it. Just looked up from the couch and kept on staring at me for a while, most likely expecting an apology of some sort or something, but once he understood he was not about to get that, he gave up and turned his focus back on the TV in front of him, sighing and muttering a brief, "It's late. Go to your room."

That's all I fucking got from him.

And I almost wished he would have cursed me out, or yelled at me for being such a pathetic human being, and for lying to him about where I really was, but he didn't do any of that.

And his indifference pissed me off, to the point where I considered picking a fight with him, but I also felt completely used to it by now. He has stopped caring long time ago, and knowing that he chose to walk out on all of us, destroying Mom in the process, still burned like a bitch, and suddenly, I couldn't bear being anywhere near him.

So I made my way to my current room, and plopped down on the mattress, hating how soft and comfortable it was compared to the mattress I have back home.

I haven't moved since.

And it's been already more than three hours, and I know I should get up and at least go take a shower, but my entire body feels laden, and I can't bring myself to even get out of these disgusting clothes.

My mind keeps drifting back to everything that has happened in the span of the last twelve hours, but it feels as though the more I think about it, the worse the painful throbbing inside my head gets.

Cassidy. Sarah. Bishop. Timothy. Aspen.

They are all clouding my common sense to the point that I can't make out the difference between what's right and what's wrong, what's real and what's not real.

I fucking hate this stupid memory loss, and I'm more than frustrated with myself that it's my fault things have turned out this way.

I doped myself up and then sat behind the wheel. I crashed the car, and it doesn't really matter that I don't remember whether it was purposely or not. I acted like a selfish ass, not caring about how my actions are going to impact everyone else around me. I turned up at Brad's tonight, got fucked up again and then kissed Aspen because I wanted to know whether I still felt something toward her. I didn't think about anyone but myself in that moment and the thought that it would hurt her and make things even worse didn't even cross my mind back then. But it did hurt her. I could see it written all over her face when she pushed me away from her. I could hear it in her voice when she begged me to get out, not trusting herself enough to even turn back around and face me. All that fucking mess is on me. On the selfish and pathetic asshole I've become.