A Million Miles Away

I told them. I haven't evem known them a day and I told them. Our family's bestest secret. But I do know I can trust them. With everything in me.

Zairian. Zairian has taken the news of us needing to have a baby to save me well. It's like he wants to. I'm glad I got such an understanding mate as a mate.

His hands arm that is around me tightens like he knows what I'm thinking. I look up at him smiling. He smiles back down at me. Even sitting down he's way taller than me.

"So when's your birthday?" Zairian ask looking down at me. I become nervous again, I can't lie, he has to know.

"4 months." I whisper looking down, not wanting to know his reaction. He puts his hand under my chin, lifting it up, he looks me in the eyes.

"No need to worry, I got you." he tells me with not a worry in is voice.

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry I'm making your life difficult."

Chuckling. "You're not making my life difficult, if anything you're making my life exciting."

"Really?" i ask unsure. He kisses my forehead.

'Yes really." his words has me smiling up at him. I could never be more thankful to have a mate like him. 

I get on his lap, kissing both his cheeks. "You're the best mate ever!"

A playful clearing of a throat has us looking to Austen. "I believe that title has already been taken."

Zairian smirks at his Daddy saying sarcastically. "Sure Daddy whatever you say."

I remember when my father and I used to pick with eath other. That seemed so long ago. The smiles, laughs, a million miles away. How can someone rip apart a family? How can soneone commit murder? How can someone be that heartless?

"So I was wondering, why are these witch hunters after you?" Hugo ask me curiously, his voice bringing me from my thoughts.

"Because of who I am." I say automatically.

"I don't understand." Hugo tells me.

Blowing out a breathe I alabrate. "I have the power of an ancient witch., but this power comes with a price." i pasie to make sure everyone is listening. "Every thousand years, a witch is given the power. Who the power is awarded to, is the protector of Life and death."

"That's so cool!" Zenith aws out, causing everyone to laugh.

"Not really. The price of the powers are that the Witch Hunters come after you." I pause.

"So why are they after you?" Hugo ask when I don't continue.

"They want my powers." I answer simply. Shock fills their faces.

"So how do they take your powers?" Zenith ask nosally. Smiling I don't answer but turn my head.

"Zenith! Don't ask my mate questions like that!" Zairian yells at him.

"It's okay." I put my hand on his cheek, soothing him. It does as I expected, calming him down. He o uts his hand over my hand, then smiles at me.

"You're an amazing mate." His words has a a big smile crossing my face.

"And are you Zairian."