05

Eva silently laid on the cold floor, her hands gripped her knees tightly. Her breath had shown in the dark room sending goosebumps throughout her body. She looked up only to see a window which revealed the light of the moon. A full moon. Her breathing picked up its pace as she slightly trembled, trying to ease her mind of this feeling she had begun to feel.

Joker had sat in his lounge chair. He stared at the huge flat screen, trying to rid his mind of her. Eva had flooded his mind. He hoped he wouldn't let his guilt get the best of him. He popped open a large bottle of scotch, pouring it in a glass as he downed it at once, wanting to feel numb from this feeling of guilt.

"Seems your feelings for her are beginning to cloud your judgement." A small voice had echoed throughout his mind. He growled slightly, clutching his hands to his ears, wanting to rid himself of these thoughts.
Joker had tensed up as he heard her slight whimpers, almost like a cry for help.

He made his way down the hall, stopping dead in his tracks as soon as he reached her door. He tried everything in his power to not open it and to turn the other damn way. His guilt had gotten the best of him. Joker opened the door. Eva laid on the floor, her knees to her chest. She were whimpering. Trembling almost. Her pale face turned to reveal the slightest crack of light as the door to her room had opened.

Joker flicked the lights on, causing the brunette to close her eyes shut. She quickly crawled to the corner, hoping he'd harm her no more. Joker tilted his head at her actions. He had felt taken aback a bit. "I wanted to say that I was sorry, you didn't deserve this..." Joker spoke with guilt in his voice. Eva looked up at Joker whilst a tear fell from her pale white cheek. She turned her head, not wanting to believe him. Joker stepped closer to her. He held a hand out, hoping she'd take his hand. He'd never felt guilt like this and he felt it so intensely. Part of him wanted to throw her over his shoulders and kiss her lips, he wanted her to know that he felt sorry but she didn't seem to budge.

"Please — just please leave me be." She begged, her gaze looking down at the floor.
Joker frowned, the pit he had felt in his stomach had gotten worse. Eva looked up at Joker, she had seemed to notice the slight frown on his face. But she were upset, betrayed even? She couldn't give in. Even if she wanted to.

Joker sighed heavily, lifting the girl off the cold floor, carrying her in his arms. His heart slowly managed to thud as her head leaned on his shoulders. He smiled just the slightest, carrying the girl to not her room but his. It was something he could do for her. His room had a much bigger tub and shower.

Eva had slowly awoken. She could feel soft, silk sheets underneath her. She slowly sat up, realizing that she were not in her room but an unfamiliar one. Much better than the room she had spent the night in. Next to her was a large plate of food, fresh berries, perfectly scrambled eggs, toast and crispy bacon as well as a glass of orange juice on the night-stand next to her.

She could tell that he really felt bad for what he had put her through. Eva sighed heavily as she picked up the plate. She hummed as she had found a small note.

-I made it myself, my apologies I do hope you can forgive me.

From J. 💚

She smiled the slightest, enjoying the delicious plate of berries and eggs. She had to admit that for a psychotic jerk, he could make one hell of a breakfast.

hey! I'm finally updating feel proud. Please comment and leave your thoughts.