CHAPTER 20

"Max I said don't come closer." I stopped him for the third time from getting close to me because I didn't like the smell of the perfume he was wearing. But he wouldn't listen, as he kept trying to get a little more closer. Being pregnant and schooling at the same time took a toll on me, but I didn't let it get to me that much.

"So you mean I cannot sit beside you in class anymore?" He asked a bit offended and I shook my head with an eye roll.

"Get use to it Max, you literally know that I want you to sit right next to me but the pregnancy wouldn't let me." I said but he still had a little cute frown on his face. "Come on Max, you know Dante used to get angry whenever I asked him to stay back, but thank God he is used to the situation now because he understands." I said softly and he looked at me.

"You've really gotten attached to this Dante guy, I will like to meet him." He said.

"Yeah you should, he is a great guy." I said smiling and he sat on five desks away from me, still with a small frown on. He was so used to me so it wasn't going to be easy for him to adjust.

Some of my colleagues were aware of my pregnancy but I didn't care about the negative comments they gave about me. I would be graduating school next month and that was in three weeks, I was looking forward for that day and not their bullshit.

Mom and I went in for another pregnancy test and the result was still positive. Even Dr Jones was just as shocked as we were. He did a lot of research, trying to get to the bottom of my mysterious pregnancy. But he couldn't get any solid result.

I attempted twice to abort this baby but I failed in all. At first I wanted to get rid of it so bad but now, I want this baby more than life itself. It was a gift from God and I learnt to love the baby so much.

~~~
It was my graduation day and I was more than excited, as I was also in my second month of pregnancy. But my stomach was still flat and I was thankful for that even though I was happy being pregnant. I was just glad, I stood in front of my long length mirror admiring myself when mom yelled my name.

"Lani!"

"I'm coming mom!" It was time to leave for the ceremony, congratulations to me, I was so proud of myself for coming this far.

~~~~
Two weeks gone after my graduation and I was always indoors, I hardly step out and I was comfortable because at the moment life sucked. Bella comes to visit once in a blue moon because she had a club to run. Max on the other hand visited everyday after work. He started his internship right after graduating and I was glad he was chasing his dream of becoming a lawyer. But as for me, I was waiting for the beautiful creature growing inside of me to be born before I carry on with my dream as a lawyer.

I sit on my couch in my living room then suddenly, my doorbell ringing. I walk to the door and swing it open and there stand Bella.

My doorbell rang and just when I was about to go get, it clicked opened and Bella walked right through.

"Hey what's up?" I greeted.

"Where is Jade?" she asked of mom before plopping on the couch.

"At her shop as usual." I answered and sat on the couch next to her.