Chapter 66

It's a Saturday and I haven't check on Liam the whole of today, but it's obvious he is okay and might be in the living room playing with mom. I glance at the clock in my room and it's exactly 1pm, I let out a yawn before heading into the washroom to pee.

Right after peeing, I walk out and head into the living room to check on Liam and mom, but they aren't here. I then proceed to the kitchen and they are not here either, I begin to worry a little. I reach for my phone and dial mom number but I don't get through to her.

"Where could she have gone to?" I mutter, walking back to the living room only to see her walking through the front door with Liam.

"Hey Sultan," she greets.

"Where have you been?" I ask her.

"hospital," she says and I take Liam.

"What?" I literally panic a bit, "what is wrong with my boy is he okay?" I asks examining Liam.

"Nothing is wrong with Liam, he's perfectly fine." She says, searching for something in her purse.

"Then why were you at a hospital?" I ask feeling confused.

"I ran a DNA test," my jaw literally drops.

"What?!"

"Yes I did, I have the result right here and it says Liam is not your son." She tells me and I let out a deep breathe with a shrugs.

"I already know that mom," I chuckle and she tilt her head.

"Oh really? and you never bothered to tell me about it?"

"Yeah I'm sorry," I apologize.

"You've got some explanation to do boy," she says.

"I run a DNA test on him when he was three months old. Because I noticed he doesn't look like me nor looks like Veronica, so I ran a DNA test and I found out that Liam is not my son. But it's okay if he's not my son, I've grown to love him like my own." She nod repeatedly.

~~~

I am currently sitting in a coffee shop waiting for a business partner to come so we could discuss about our new project. Then all of a sudden, a weird feeling overcome me and I look up and catch the eye of a very pretty baby. Her mouth is wide open, exposing her little two front teeth. I can't help myself but laugh at her.

Her curly black hair is up in two tight ponytail as she bounces happily in the arms of a lady who holds her.  I wave at her from where I am sitting, then she immediately pulls a blanket that is draped over the lady's shoulder to cover her face. Then she pulls it down again, and pulls it up to cover her face again.

The lady who wait in the ice cream line for her turn to order an ice cream, turns her head slightly to kiss the little girl's cheek. But once she realize her little girl is playing a little game of peek-a- boo with someone, she curiously turn her head towards the direction her baby girl is looking, only to see me sitting here. I instantly freeze when I see the face of the lady, I blink a few times as I stare back her, she is just as beautiful as I last saw her.

"Hello Mr West, I am so sorry for my lateness, I was stuck in a terrible traffic jam." My business partner comes explaining himself. I slowly avert my eyes, clearing my throat and also internally cursing my business partner for coming at the wrong time.

"Dammit," I mutters as I rub my face.

"Excuse me are you here with me Mr West?" he asks and I look up at him.

"Uh yes yes of course Mr Newman, it is great you are here," I lie.

"Alright then, here are some documents for the new plan." He says gathering the documents, but me on the other hand cannot stop staring at the lady and her child. "Mr West are you sure you are here with me?" Mr Newman asks again and I look at him.

"Of course I am."

"No I don't think you are, look if you ain't ready for the discussion today it's fine by me, let's make it another day."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," he says and I nod, smiling.

"Thank you so much," I say and we shake hands.