CHAPTER 47

It has been a week since Sultan stopped calling and visiting because Veronica and his unborn baby were in a critical condition. I understood he was devastated and wanted some time for himself, but to completely ignore me was not the best way to handle the situation. I tried so many times to talk to him, just so I could give him some words of encouragement that there was nothing going to happen to his baby and Veronica, but not even once did he answered any my calls.

Sultan kept hurting and hurting me with his actions and I didn't know what to do, we've never been good for a straight month and it was worrisome. I wished I could just go back in time and start all over again but I was powerless. This whole Sultan situation was weighing me down, it was literally breaking me down and sadly I did not have a solution to it, it was just too much for me to deal with.

"For the hundredth time he did not answer his phone." I complained to Bella on the phone, when I called Sultan the hundredth time today and he did not answer it.

"Lani you need to calm down." She said and I exhaled with a head shake, she doesn't have the slightest idea of what I was going through.

"Why am I being punished for nothing?" I said with tears in my eyes. "I just want to know if he is okay and tell him to be strong cause nothing is going to happen to his child and Veronica." I cried silently.

"Oh honey I'm coming to you now." She said and I hanged up as I sobbed softly, then in less than fifteen minutes, Bella walked into my office and engulfed me into a warm hug.

"I just want to talk to him, I want to know if he is okay." I said crying into Bella.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and kissed my forehead. "He's not doing too good at the moment but he is fine."

"Why doesn't he want to talk to me?"

"Sultan is traumatized Lani, his baby mama and unborn child are fighting for their lives, their chance of surviving is lean. This is too much for a guy who wants a child so badly. He is devastated, completely broken and haven't been to work for days. The poor guy is depressed and he is on medications, Gabby said he is being monitored because the chance of harming himself is so high. He needs time to heal so I suggest you calm down and give him some time." She said and I felt sorry for Sultan, I had no idea he was going through a tough time.

"He could have at least return my calls and explained."

"The guy is not in his right senses Lani."

"Goodness I thought he was ignoring me on purpose." I felt so bad.

"I'm not saying he's not." She said and I looked at her, confused.

"Did you not just say he is depressed?" I asked.

"King is depressed because death awaits Veronica and their child, but Ignoring you is his choice."

"What do you mean?" I asked and she sighs.

"Sultan feels Veronica and his child are dying because he did not care and loved Veronica enough. So It is time to return all that respect and attention."

"What?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry Lani, but that's the truth. I never wanted to say this but you are my friend. You are an amazing girl, beautiful, smart, perfect. There are so many amazing guys out there, ready to respect you and give you all the love you deserve. Forget Sultan and move on, that guy doesn't take women seriously, and he would never will." I was utterly speechless, shocked, stunned, and broken. As I stared at her with tears in my eyes.

It was night time and I was still in shock about what Bella told me earlier. It was hard to know that I actually meant nothing to Sultan. He chose Veronica over me, because he felt he hadn't been a good baby father to her and that was the reason she was losing her life and that of his son's. Such a weak reason to cut me off from my his life.

It broke me, it actually made me hate myself for allowing Sultan into my life and believing all of his lies. I was dumb to believe things were going to be okay between. Now I would just let the past be in the past, and move on with my life.

                                   ~~~
My unborn child was exactly eight months today which means I had only a month to have her in my arms, and I couldn't wait. As a single mom I knew it was going to be tough, but as long as I had loving and supportive friends and family, it was sure going to be easy.

My doorbell went off in the middle of having soup and I groaned, before going to get it only to get stunned by who was standing at my door. 

"Sarah?" I called with wide eyes as I stare at her not believing she was actually the one.

"Milani dear." She leaned forward and hugged me. "Can I come in?" She asked when she pulled back.

"Of course, sorry." I stepped aside and she walked in before I slowly shut the door.

"Pretty." She said staring at my childhood picture frame.

"Thanks, um Sarah." I softly called and she looked at me. "Sorry to ask why are you here?" I anxiously asked.

"To take you with me." She said and I slightly scoff, not believing her.

"Where?" I asked.

"To my house." She said and I stared at her, lost. "Guys come in." She called and two muscular guys in all black suits walked in and I couldn't process what was going on.

"Sarah I'm not going with you." I said to her but ignored me and instructed them to go upstairs and pack my stuffs. "Sarah listen I can't live with you." I said to her and again she pretended she couldn't hear me.

"Including every baby stuff you see." She said to them as she stood and watched them pack my things out and into a blank van, completely ignoring me.