Accidently in Love (Harry Styles fanfic)

Chapter One

Ingrid's POV

I brushed my hand against a paling bruise under my eye and looked in the old dusty mirror. I ran the brush through my long dark brown hair and sighed. I wasn't happy with my appearance, and i didn't think i ever would be. And the girls at school made it very clear that i wasn't pretty, and my father really wanted me to know that.

I looked into my deep brown eyes and whispered, "You're beautiful, Ingrid, no matter what they tell you." No matter how many times I've tried to tell myself that, I couldn't and didn't want to believe it.

"INGRID! GET DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!" Dad yelled from downstairs. He didn't sound happy, but that really wasn't a surprise. He was never happy anymore. After we lost my older brother, Charlie, in a car crash.

I sighed and rushed down the attic ladder, then down the creaky stairs. When i reached the kitchen, Dad was in there with a bottle of vodka. "Hey." I said as quiet as possible.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" he slurred, obviously drunk.

"It's Saturday. I don't have school today." I mumbled.

"Don't be such a know-it-all, Ingrid. It's nine am and I'm tired, okay?" he said angrily. He looked at me and his eyes went from my face and down my body to my feet. "I thought i told you to go on a diet. Why didn't you listen to me?"

"I'm sorry i'll start today." I said, my eyes flicking to the door and back, hoping he'd understand i really didn't want to be here.

"Well then. Maybe you can get some plastic surgery while your at it." he smirked.

I just nodded and started towards the door. He was right, maybe if i had gotten plastic surgery, my face wouldn't look like this. Before i had even gone out, my three best friends were already waiting for me in my yard.

"Wow you look like a mess." Joey laughed. "What did your old man do to you this time?"

I rolled my eyes and followed Lacey and Ellie and Joey towards the coffee shop at the end of our street. We walked in silence until we opened the door and the smell of coffee met my nose.

When i walked in, the man working there, Tom, greeted us with his white smile. "Hey guys!" he called, waving his hand in the air. "The usual?" he asked as he started to pour the coffee we normally ordered.

We all nodded and sat down at a table.

"Hey, guys." whispered Ellie. "Look at that." she pointed her finger, and we followed our gaze to a table. There were five boys sitting there, and they couldn't look more suspicious. They each had beanies on and hoodies covering their faces. They also were wearing sunglasses that covered their faces.

"They're totally criminals, hiding their faces." Joey whispered.

One of them turned to me and i sucked in a breath. He smirked and nodded at me and turned to whisper to his buddies.

"They're so weird." I noted with a shudder.

"God yes, they are probably each murderers." Lacey agreed.

"Hope we never see them again." I replied.

Authors Note - hi, this is my very first story on wattpad, so bare with me. Please vote and fan it would mean alot :) sorry its really short! xoxo