Chapter 16

Before this capter starts, im sure everyone is farmiliar with the songs "Torn" by nataile imbruglia (if not, check it out its amazing) and the song "Im yours" by jason maraz harry DID not write these songs, but in a fiction story, anything can happen haha :)

I pulled away from him and he smiled at me. "I missed you."

"I thought you hated me." I said as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

"For a second, i thought i hated you too."he whispered. "But i dont hate you--the opposite actually. I know im not the best boyfriend and all, and i can be very rude to you, like the last time we saw each other, but i promise i can make it up to you if you give me a shot. I've talked to thirty seven different thearopists and had eleven fake girlfriends and spent alot of time watching horror movies to help myself forget about you. It didnt work, you're the only thing that makes me happy nowadays."

"Ditto." I said, kissing his forehead softly. "I'm gonna go get a nurse, you should probably sleep. It isnt good for a person in your condition to be awake like this. Good night, love."

"Good night." he whispered.

I crept into the hallway and called Louis. I knew he'd be upworrying about Harry. I called his cell phone and he said, "Hello?"

"Lou, Harry's awake. Please come." I said quickly and the line went silent.

A fewminutes later, Louis and Eleanor rushed into the hallway, both of them looking eager, determined, anxious, and excited. They dashed into the room to where Harry was sleeping. They looked disappointed.

"Really, Ingrid?" asked Louis with a frown.

"No, he was up like five seconds ago." I replied and walked over to Harry's hospital bed. I gently shook his shoulders and he rubbed his eyes and sat up. "Louis, El!"

Eleanor and Louis hugged him tightly. "You're all right?" Eleanor asked holding his heand lightly.

He looked at me and his boke into an ear to ear smile. "I am now."

A week later, Harry was released from the hospital and as I was driving him home, he asked me, "Want to stay at mine for the day? I missed you lots, and we really have some catching up to do."

We pulled into his driveway and  i said quietly, "I didnt do anything the past couple months except. . . . . . .nothing."

Harry laughed and took my hand and we walked into his house. I sat down at Harry's piano bench and he sat beside me. "I'm so sorry about me. I shouldve answered your calls and spoke to you before-"

"Ingrid." Harry cut me off with a shy smile playing on his lips. "Relax, Ingrid. To be honest, it was good on some degree because i had a little while to sort things out in my mind and realize i love you. I cant believe i forgot that for even a second."

"Me too." I kissed his cheek lightly. "I'm sorry for everything. I didnt mean to toy with your head, i was just. . . . .like, i loved you, but i was scared. Does it make sense im that im scared of love?"

"Everyone is, Ingrid. But thats the fun part." he said with a wink, and he spun around on the piano bench so his chest was to the keys.

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it

I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted

I fell right through the cracks

And now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out

I'll be giving it my bestest

Nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention

I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some" he sang, poking my dimples.

"I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait, I'm yours" he flipped the paige and i saw the deep scars on his wrist. I bit my lip but continued listening.

"Well open up your mind and see like me

Open up your plans and then you're free

Look into your heart and you'll find love love love

Listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me

I like peaceful melodys

It's your God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love love"

"So I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait I'm sure

There's no need to complicate

Our time is short

This is our fate, I'm yours"

"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror

And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer

But my breath fogged up the glass

And so I drew a new face and laughed

I guess what I'm saying is there ain't no better reason

To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons

It's what we aim to do

Our name is our virtue. Come on, Ingrid."

I sighed and sang quietly along with him. "I won't hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait I'm sure

There's no need to complicate

Our time is short

This is our fate, I'm yours" he finished, closing his eyes. He looked at me and brushed hair out of my eyes. "You have a gorgeous voice, Ingrid."

I blushed. "Thank you."

He nodded. The phone rang and he groaned. "It's from this thearopist that doctor recomended at the hopital. One moment." he walked into the other room and i looked through the music he wrote himself.

I couldnt make out most of the words on most of the sheets, but one i could see pretty clear besides tear stains and little splotches of blood.

There's nothing left, I used to cry

My conversation has run dry

That's what's going on

Nothing's fine I'm torn

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed

Lying naked on the floor

Illusion never changed

Into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn

"What's that?"

I looked up and Harry was standing there frowning at me.

"Oh. . . . . .sorry." I mumbked, looking down. "I just. . . . . ."

"Don't worry about it. That song is the past." he said pressing a kiss to my lips and then crumpling the song and throwing it away. "Ingrid, do you love me?" he whispered.

I nodded.

"Honestly?"

I nodded again.

"Well then, be my girlfriend?" he said shakily.

I nodded without hesitation. "Of course." I said kissing him passionatly.