Chapter 9

New York..

Arnav walked out of the bathroom, drying his hair with the help of towel when he saw Laxmi with her mouth on his phone.

"What the.." he widened his eyes, "Laxmi stay away from my phone.."

"Meeeeeh.." was the reply he got as she rushed to him as if getting angry with him. 

"You're behaving like typical wife who secretly touch husband's phone and get angry seeing another woman's number.." Arnav said. 

"Meeeeeeeeeeeh.." Laxmi almost glared at him and left from his room.

"She really got angry.." Arnav said to himself astonished. 

He sat on the bed and took his phone, his eyes widened in shock: What the..

"So many missed calls? What happened to them? Are they missing me this much?" he thought raising his brows in amusement. 

His phone rang suddenly on his hand, and he picked it up: Hi.. 

He smiled as the owner of the call, was the owner of his heart also! 

"Leave all that Hi and hello.. Tu ghar aaja pardesi, teri meri zindagi danger mein hai (Just come home foreign, our lives are in danger)" Khushi said angrily.

"What the.. What happened?" Arnav asked. 

"My Dada ji has come from village to visit us.." Khushi said. 

"Isn't it a good thing?" he raised his one eyebrow.

"Let me finish Raizada, then you decide if it's good or not.." Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Alright.." Arnav nodded. 

"One minute.. I think someone is eavesdropping our conversation.." Khushi said whispering and cut the call. 

Arnav shrugged and wanted to throw away his phone on the bed, but another call came. He held his phone properly and picked up the call murmuring to himself, "My phone is going to explode today with so many calls!"

Gupta mansion

"Chote answered my call.." Ratna said smiling as finally her son picked up her call after so many missed calls, "Chote! Where are you? Didn't you saw so many missed calls from me? Are you so busy in work that you forget your mother?"

"I was freshening up Ma.. Why would I know you all would be calling me?" Arnav shrugged frowning. 

"What do you mean by we all?" Ratna asked confused.

"You, Khushi, Akash, Mami and Buaji also!" Arnav replied.

"That means we all thought of same solution to our problems.." Ratna said. 

"What the..  You guys are calling me because of yours problems, not because you missed me or something else.. Am I Super man or what?" Arnav furrowed his brows. 

"Mera Chota sa super man hai tu! (You're my little Super man)" Ratna tried to pacify him, then thought to herself, "Why am I pacifying him? I'm doing this to save him only!"

"Really Ma? Not little, I'm big enough to lift Buaji while your husband ran away!" Arnav mocked.

"Ratna tell this Son of yours about everyone's problem here.. Then he will stop mocking me.." Raj shouted enough for his son to hear. 

"I will stop mocking you when you solve one problem, instead of throwing it to me!" Arnav shouted for his father. 

"Stop it both of you.." Ratna frowned.  Their heard the sound of knock on the door.