Chapter 4

After the cherry pink hedgehog had shut the door to the house; she was about to go up the stairs and to her room, when suddenly her ears perked up to

"Amy, we need to speak with you." Her mother stated with a serious tone.

The pink hedgehog had an arched brow and asked "What about?"

"The mark on your hand," said her father "it's time we tell you why it's there and why it appeared."

The pinkette nodded her head as she waited for them to answer.

"A long time ago, your father and I's ancestors were in a fight with another family." The older female hedgehog explained.

The male hedgehog put his arm around her and answered "Although it took years for it to get resolved, they had an agreement."

The Sakura colored hedgehog had a puzzled look on her peach muzzle and responded "Which was?"

The two older hedgehogs shared a look with each other and stated "Years later once your father and I had gotten married. We were told that our first born child would have a mark appear when they were seventeen."

"What about the other family?" The cherry pink hedgehog asked "what happened to them?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Hedgehog were already expecting, before you were born a year later." Her mother stated.

A puzzled look appeared on pink hedgehogs peach muzzle and said "Is there information on what they named their child?"

"Well, yes. They named him Shadow."

Emerald green eyes went wide and exclaimed "Shadow? As in Shadow the Hedgehog?"

Her mother and father had an arched brow and asked "Yes, why?"

"When I was in the forest," The Sakura colored hedgehog explained "I met a black and crimson streaked hedgehog named Shadow."

Her father looked over at her hand and responded "That's why the mark has appeared before your birthday."

"Is that important?" The pinkette chirped with a concerned tone.

"Yes, but don't worry. We knew this would happen." Her mother said.

The cherry pink hedgehog looked over at her parents and answered "What about the Hedgehogs? How are they important in this?"

The older male hedgehog saw that she was worried and exclaimed "That's what the two of you are going to have find together."

'Dang it.'

"Then why is the mark there?" The pink hedgehog stated.

"If one of you are in danger. The other can tell exactly where they're located." The older female hedgehog answered.

The Sakura colored hedgehog looked over at her parents and asked "That doesn't explain why it hurts when I'm near him."

"That's because the two of you haven't sealed your bonds." Her father explained.

The cherry pink hedgehog had an arched brow and responded "When does that happen?"

Her mother looked over at her and said "It's difficult because it depends on the individual."

"However, your mother and I can tell you that it'll occur before your birthday or when you're seventeen." Her father answered.

"Well, thank you for the information." The pink hedgehog explained "I feel better about this whole thing."

The older male hedgehog had a smile on his face and responded "You're welcome and if you need us we'll be in the living area."

Once the Sakura colored hedgehog went up to the second floor of the house and over to where her room was. She sat down on the bed; to think thought about what just happened, even though it was a lot of information to take in. The cherry pink hedgehog was happy to have finally gotten information, that would be helpful in the future.