Chapter 8

After the pinkette had went to sleep in the front passenger seat and the ebony hedgehog continued driving, he couldn't help to think how his life had changed since meeting the cherry pink hedgehog. Even though they didn't exactly get off to a good start at first, the black and crimson streaked hedgehog was happy they had met each other and because it helped put his mind at ease knowing that he was going to have the pink hedgehog there by his side. As the ebony hedgehog continued to be deep in thought, he remembered what his mother had told him about protecting the ones who are most important because they will be there through the thick and thin. Which was a cold hard fact that would end up playing a big part in his life.

Later that evening after pulling up into the driveway. The black and crimson streaked hedgehog turned off the engine to the car, when crimson eyes noticed the Sakura colored hedgehog was stirring a little. It was times like this where he wanted to let her continue sleeping because of the long day they had. However, he knew there was a lot of packing that needed to get done tonight in order for them to be ready to leave. Once the ebony hedgehog had let the cherry pink hedgehog get a few more minutes of sleep, he went to go wake her up.

"Amy," The black and crimson streaked hedgehog gently whispered "Amy, wake up."

The pink hedgehogs emerald green eyes fluttered open and asked "A-are we there yet?"

The ebony hedgehog heard the tiredness in her voice and said "Yes, and it's almost nine thirty."

"Wow." The Sakura colored hedgehog exclaimed "We got back later than what was planned."

The black and crimson streaked hedgehog looked over at her and explained "We're going to be in for a long night."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get going." The cherry pink hedgehog stated.

Once everything was inside the house, the two hedgehogs quickly got to work with packing up their possessions. While doing this the ebony hedgehog noticed that the pink hedgehog was having a hard time trying to pack the portable cooker into her luggage.

"Need help with that?" He asked with an arched brow.

The pinkette shook her head and answered "I just have to move a few clothes and then it'll fit."

The black and crimson streaked hedgehog watched as she continued to find a way to get everything in until he stopped her.

"You're going to end up tearing up your stuff by doing that."

The Sakura colored hedgehog noticed that his luggage was bigger than hers and chirped "Why don't you pack it up then?"

"That's why I asked if you needed help." The ebony hedgehog responded "However, you were determined to do it by yourself."

"Well," The cherry pink hedgehog said "there is a few things that won't fit in mine."

The black and crimson streaked hedgehogs ears perked up to this and explained "We already have a lot, Amy. What else would you need to bring?"

The pink hedgehog handed him the weapons that were in her hand and stated "Here."

The ebony hedgehog eyes went wide and exclaimed "What the? Where in the world did you get these?"

"From my parents they wanted to make sure that we're prepared for anything." The Sakura colored hedgehog added.

"Is there anything else that can't be put in your suitcase?"

Emerald green eyes looked over at him and answered "No. I think that's everything."

"Did the letter from your great grandmother have anymore information?" The black and crimson streaked hedgehog asked with an arched brow.