Yep, I'm....Gay {Intro & 1}

~~~Introduction~~~

Okay, so first things first. I'm 16 year old, Grant Carpenter and well....I'm gay. At least I think I am. I do find some boys quite attractive and well girls....uh, not so much. Now, I don't mean that girls aren't attractive at all, just that they don't appeal to me that me that way. Oh and I'm a closet gay. Well, only one person knows, my best friend Zoey Blake. She's been trying to get me to come out to the rest of our friends for a while now. I'm just afraid they'll all ditch me if they found out, so I keep to myself. But the thing is, I haven't found someone I like yet. Well, I think I've told you enough and you're probably wanting me to get on with the story, so here we go.

Chapter 1

~~~Grant's POV~~~

"Hey Grant!!" Zoey shouts across the cafeteria as I walk in through the doors. She motions for me to hurry and come over to the table she was at. With her are our friends, Maya Torrez, Evan Sanders, and Loren Wolfe(He's a guy with a girl's name.) After I grab my lunch I make my way to the table. The table we sat at was over by a window. I sat down as Evan reached over and grabbed my apple.

"I swear Evan, you're a freaking horse." I sighed giving a small laugh. He rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Well, at least I eat healthy." He said pointing at my tray. I look down at my tray. I had a pack of skittles, a chocolate bar, and a bag of airheads.

"Yeah, man. You do eat a lot of junk food." Loren said snatching by airheads.

"Hey give those back!" I shout reaching for them. He holds them above his head so it's no use. I get up and try to grab them but he just does the same, stands up and continues to hold them out of my reach.

"No fair! Why are you so tall?!" I said still reaching for my candy.

"Maybe you'd grow a bit more if you'd stop eating all of this." He chuckled.

"Screw this." I said as I jumped and snatched the bag out of his hand. I sat back down and put the bag in my lap.

"He's right, though. You really should change the way you eat, Grant." Maya steps in. I shrugged and opened my chocolate bar and took a bite. Everyone else continues eating their lunch.

After lunch, I head to my locker with Zoey.

"So...." she says breaking the silence between us. I glance up at her but return my eyes right back to the floor before answering.

"So what?" I ask. She puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh come on. Still nothing?" She says in a whining tone. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yes still nothing." I said coming up to my locker. I shift everything to one arm and begin putting the combination in.

"No one? Absolutely no one?" She asked. I nod.

"No one has caught the eye of yours truly." I answered her lifting my head.

"Awwww!" She crossed her arms and pouts. I laugh and grab my math textbook and shut my locker. She replaced her frown with a smile and patted my shoulder, "Don't worry you'll find someone."

"You're telling me not to worry? You seem more worried than I am." I grin.

"Well, I gotta get to class so I'll see you later." she said before taking off down the hallway. I shut my locker and head to my own class. I walk in and take a seat next to an empty desk. The teacher, Mrs. Parker, walks in and the class settles down.

"Good afternoon class. We have a new student who has just joined us today. Please come in." She says turning towards the door when speaking her last sentence. A fairly tall guy, definitely taller than me, walked in flipping his blond hair over to one side. I felt my heart begin to pound against my chest as I looked into his emerald green eyes. They're gorgeous....WHOA, where did that come from. They're....nice. He had a lip ring too. And you could tell he was pretty buff by the way his arms seemed to stretch his shirt. He also had an earring stud in his left ear. Ooooh, he was so gorgeous. OH MY GOD! SNAP OUT OF IT GRANT BEFORE YOU START DROOLING ALL OVER YOURSELF! I quickly wipe across my mouth with my thumb to make sure I hadn't started drooling.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" Mrs. Parker asked him giving him a warm smile. He shrugged and turned toward the class. And I though Justin Bieber was sexy, this guy....CHILL OUT. I mentally slap myself.

"Hey, my name's Cale Smith. And I'm guess I'm pretty excited to be going to a new school and I hope to become friends with you guys." He said running a hand through his blond hair. I swear, I melted right there. His voice was so sexy. Ahhhh, gorgeous.

"Well we are very glad to have you here. Just take a seat over there." Mrs. Parker said pointing in my direction. I turn to look around me and silently gasp when I realized that the only empty seat was the one next to me. INTERNAL PANIC!! I turn back and look up catching Cale's eye. Oh god, he was looking at me. I blush and look down, fiddling with my fingers. A few moments later I hear him slide into the empty desk. I glance at him from the corner of my eye. He was leaning over fixing his shoes. His hair moved perfectly to cover his gorgeous green eyes. As he sat back up I fixed my attention back on Mrs. Parker.

"Hey." I hear his voice. I slowly look to my left to see him looking right at me. I feel my cheeks get warm and there was probably some color in them, too. He extends his arm out to me.

"Cale." He says giving me a small grin. I hesitate for about two seconds before shaking his hand.

"G-Grant." I reply, mentally punching myself for stuttering. I look down at our hands and feel my cheeks get even hotter. I pulled my hand away and place it in my lap, looking down. For the rest of class I didn't look up at him once.

The rest of the school day was pretty boring. I didn't have my last two classes with him, so nothing actually happened. Except Maya and Loren wouldn't stop talking to me.

At the end of the day I got in my car and went home. I let myself in and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi honey." My mom greeted me. She was making a sandwich.

"Hi." I said, grabbing a bowl from a cabinet.

"How was school? You look a little pale." She says coming over to me.

"It was fine." I say pouring cereal into the bowl. I make my way upstairs to my room. Closing the door behind me I sling my backpack on the floor. I set my cereal down on my desk and take out my homework.

After a while I had finished my cereal and was finished with my work. I stripped down to nothing but my boxers and got in the bed. And I swear, Cale's face was the only thing on my mind.