Yep, I'm....Gay {6}

~~~Grant's POV~~~

OH MY GOD! What the hell did I just do?!?! I just agreed to go over to Cale's house!! Why would I do something like that?! How could I be so fucking stupid?!?! I can barely stand next to him with blushing, choking up, or getting extremely nervous around him at school!! There's no way I'll be able to spend time with HIM at HIS house TOGETHER!! Damn, I can be a complete idiot sometimes!! But why???? Why did I always get like that around him???? Why does my heart start pounding whenever he comes near me?! Why can I barely speak when he talks to me?! Why does my face get so damn red whenever he looks at me?! What is this I'm feeling right now? Why did I have this feeling in my chest?

I sighed, took out my phone, and called Zoey.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." I whisper as the phone rang. I heard someone pick up the phone.

"Hey Grant. What's up?" I heard Zoey's voice.

"I need to talk to you like right now. Can I come over to your place?" I asked.

"Sure." She answered.

"Thanks." I said and hung up the phone. I drove to her house which wasn't that far. I pulled up in her driveway and rushed to her door and start ringing the doorbell very impatiently. She finally came to the door after I had rung it about a hundred times.

"Whoa. Are you okay?" She said shooting me a half annoyed, half confused look. I grabbed her arm and pulled her in the house.

"Hello Grant." Her mother greeted my coming down the stairs. I just waved and dragged Zoey upstairs and into her room, closing the door behind me.

"Hey. Chill out. So what did you want to talk about?" He asked sitting down on the edge of her bed patting the spot next to her. I went and sat down, thinking about what exactly I wanted to say.

"Well?"

I sighed.

"I need to know what's wrong with me." I said. She gave me a really confused look, "What are you talking about?"

I took in a deep breath.

"I need to know why I feel a certain way around Cale." I said, my cheeks getting hot.

"Well how exactly do you feel around him?" She questioned.

"I....ugh! My hearts starts pounding! I get butterflies in my stomach! I can barely speak! I blush! I get all flustered and nervous! I got jealous when Audrey gave him her number! And when he asked me to hang out with him later today, I-" I began speaking extremely fast, but Zoey's smile interrupted my train of thought.

"He asked you to hang out with him?!" She asked grinning widely.

"Y-Yea. But what do I do?! Why do I feel like this?!" I said panic rising in my voice.

Zoey gripped my arm and leaned in, "Grant.....I think this means....you have a crush on Cale Smith."

My eyes wided, my heart started pounding, and my stomach was doing blackflips.

"Do I really.....like him?" I questioned myself aloud. Zoey nodded her head. Oh god.....I like Cale Smith. I like Cale Smith. I actually liked someone. And it was Cale. Wow.

"Grant this is great!!" She squealed, "You finally have your first crush!!" This was really my first crush. Was my mom gonna be happy when I told her about this. But there was a a slight problem for me.

"But he's straight." I said, my strange excitement fading. He liked Audrey. It was pretty obvious. He wasn't into guys. I could tell. He was a really attractive guy who could have any girl he wanted. I don't blame him for using that to do so. But....I was really hoping he'd like me back.

"You don't know that. He could bi or pansexual for a we know." She said giving me a reassuring smile.

"No. He's straight and we both know it. He's like Audrey. Besides he barely knows me. There's no way he'd like me back." I sighed.

"He barely knows Audrey. You're giving up too easy. Just give it time. You should at least find out for sure." She said.

"How can I find out for sure? I can't just ask him." I said, laying down. Zoey looked up at the ceiling as if she was thinking.

"I could ask him. Oh and what time are you supposed to be at his place?" She asked. I sat quickly sat back up and grabbed her arm, "Nooooo! You can not ask him! He might figure it out just by that. And I'm supposed to be there at 4:00."

She made a pouty face, but sighed giving in.

"Well I guess I'll go. It's almost 4:00 now." I said.

She smiled and grabbed my arm as I got off the bed, "You have fun on your date!!"

"It's not a date. We're just hanging out." I said blushing. I left downstairs.

"Hey. It everything okay, Grant?" Mrs. Blake asked me looking a little concerned, "I heard yelling."

"Yea everything's fine." I said when clearly things were not fine. I had a crush on the new guy who was straight and like someone else, a girl. I left out the door and and got in my car. I'm so scared to go to his house now that I've finally accepted the fact that I like him. It's was gonna be awkward, since he didn't like me. Ugh. Why was being gay so damn complicated?

••••••••••

Short, I know, sorry. More like a filler chapter just so you know he's finally realized he has a crush on Cale. Awww! How cute!! What do you guys think of Grant's reaction to his realization? Keep reading!!