Familiar Missteps

Hello, everyone!  Good to see all of you!  I apologize for the delay but I've been preoccupied with either work or family.  I meant to post this before New Year's, but better late than ever I suppose.  So please enjoy.  It took me SO  long for me to write this chapter.

"Asia!" Shirou shouted. "Time for school!"

Asia gave a shriek, stumbling out of her room, having gotten dressed mere moments ago.

"I'm coming!"

She stumbled into the kitchen, where Shirou was calmly eating a slice of toast. "I made you some breakfast. Eat fast."

Asia turned towards the table to find a buffet of all sorts of dishes: scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, bagels, freshly made bread, fresh berries, cereals, and many more. Asia didn't know what to start with first.

Once she finally chose her breakfast, she sat down with Shirou. As she began eating, Shirou began to talk to her.

"I had already prepared the school to accept you as a student," he explained. "A little hypnotism here, a little forgery there. Nothing much."

"Thank you, Shirou-san," Asia said in Japanese.

Shirou sighed. "Your Japanese is getting better but please, call me nii-san, onii-chan, or something like that. We are siblings now."

"Oh, of course, um... nii-san," Asia corrected herself. "So where are Irisv- I mean, Oka-san?"

Shirou read the newspaper. "She and the old man are doing some business in town today. And the girls are already heading to school. They said something about meeting some friends."

Asia nods in understanding.

"Personally," Shirou said, "I tend to go to school early in the morning to help out with things, but since it's your first day, I thought I'd walk you to school and give you a tour."

"Thank you, nii-san," Asia beamed. "D-do you think I'll see Issei?"

A dark look appears on Shirou's face. "Yes, but Asia.... If he does something you don't like, tell me immediately. You understand?"

She nods, not understanding why Issei would ever do something like that.

Shirou's dark look faded, replaced by a kind smile. "In any case, eat your breakfast, or we'll be late for school."

Scene Break

"Class, allow me to introduce, Argento Asia," the teacher said, waving the nun in.

"Hello, I'm Asia Argento," Asia bowed. "Please take care of me."

The class instantly became a torrent of whispers, the boys talking about how cute she is and the girls wondering what she's like.

"Settle down, class," the teacher said, waving a hand in warning. "Asia, you can sit there. There's an open seat next to Hyoudou and your brother."

The word brother caused the previous torrent of whispers to become a tsunami, as the only seat next to Issei that was open was also between Shirou.

"She's my adopted sister," Shirou explained, sensing their confusion. Unfortunately, this further increased the whispers and gossip, while at the same time causing some boys to glare at Shirou. Issei in particular fell out of his chair when he heard the news.