17

[케]
My eyes were still closed, but my body felt heavy. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself alone. I looked around and took in my surroundings. I turned my head towards the sound of a door opening. "Oh my..." The person quickly ran out.

I was soon surrounded by people and I wished they'd quiet down as it was giving me a headache, despite them talking in hushed tones. "Nice to see you've opened your eyes. What's your full name?" "Kevin Moon." It was what came to mind first.

"Do you recognize this face?" I immediately sat up and reached for the photo. "Haknyeon..." A smile formed on my face as I held the photo. "How about them?" I took the two photos out of her hands then frowned. "My dad." "And the woman?" I handed it back.

"I don't know." "I see..." The door opened again and they had dropped the things they were carrying. "Kevin!" I clutched my head as my head throbbed. "Do you mind waiting outside? Quietly?" They left without another word. "We'll do a few basic tests."

I quietly watched as she marked things off. "You're a real trooper, Kevin. Most of everything is intact." She patted my shoulder then left the room. The loud people had entered and hugged me tight. "Kevin, you're finally awake. We thought we'd never see our son move again."

I knew his face, but hers was only vaguely familiar. "Who is she?" She seemed hurt by my question. "I'm your mother." I nodded then looked down at my lap. My eyes grew wide and I waved his photo in their faces. "Where is he?" "Haknyeon? He's at home."

"I want to see him." Their faces had become somber. "He...hasn't woken up yet either." I looked at them in confusion. "See, after learning about you being in a coma, he went to sleep one night and he never woke up. The doctors said it wasn't life threatening at all."

I held his photo tightly then noticed a tear had fallen onto it. "We'll keep you updated until you can see him for yourself." I nodded then heard them shuffling around me. "Eat up. I'm sure you're starving." "I lost my appetite."

I wanted to see Haknyeon. I didn't know why, but I couldn't relax until I saw him. "How long have I been in a coma...?" "Well over half a year. And yes, Haknyeon as well." I lied down as I pressed his photo close to my chest.

[Time]
Most of the week had gone by and I was still empty. No Haknyeon. Somehow I still had energy despite eating and drinking so little. "Kevin, there's a small surprise for you." "I'm not interested." "Are you sure?" I nodded as I lied back. "Kevin..."

My ears perked up and I looked towards the door. "Haknyeon..." Tears had appeared out of thin air and rolled down my face. He hurried over to me and gave me a tight hug. I hid my face in his shoulder as I started to cry. The empty feeling had finally gone.

It was now filled with many emotions of varying capacities. "Kevin, you're really awake." "Yes, I am." "I did a good job then?" "Yes." I had no idea what he was talking about, but my heart seemed to know better than my mind. "You're really back..."

"And here to stay." He planted kisses along the side of my face then stopped when he got close to my lips. "You probably don't remember anyway..." "Remember what?" "It's nothing..." "Tell me." He held my hands then swung them back and forth.

"We kissed." I couldn't fathom it. "When?" "In a dream..." I didn't want to see him upset over something small. "Did you want another one?" "Yes, but, you're not the same Kevin..." I pulled him down then gave him brief pecks. "Is that enough?"

"Yeah..." I could see that he wanted more. "Ease me into it. I can't possibly be that much different than your dream Kevin." I knew that for a fact as my heart was still beating wildly. He then gave me a warm smile before going in for another kiss.