0A-Love At First Touch

Steve Maximoff's point of view.

It was late night. The streets were deserted. I was on my way to my aunt's home. I decided to join a high school there in New York leaving mom and dad in Texas.

Suddenly, I heard a voice.

Voice-'HEY!!! WAIT THERE.'

I turned around to see a pretty girl in a red sheath dress. Her lips were as red as blood. She was wearing red high heels. From top to bottom, everything was red in her. She ran towards me, slightly stumbling.

Me-'Are you talking to me?'

Girl-'Is there anyone else here?'

Me-'What's the matter?'

Girl-'I've lost my phone over there in the bushes. It slipped from my hands. I can't find it so I thought that if you lend me your phone for a while, I could ring my phone.'

Me-'I'm sorry but I can't give you my phone. You know,... I can't trust strangers. What if you run away with my phone? My phone is very expensive. It's Apple iPhone 7 Plus. It costs 997.85 dollars (Rs 69,990).'

Girl-'Do I look like a thief to you?'

Me-'There's a saying,... "Don't judge a book by its cover." I guess you've heard it?'

Girl-'Please. Let me use your phone.'

Me-'Tell me your phone number, I'll call.'

Girl-'I can't. What if you misuse my phone number? I'll delete my phone number from your phone's dialled list after I've found my phone.'

Me-'Do I look like a jerk to you?'

Girl-'There's a saying,... "Don't judge a book by its cover." I guess you've heard it?'

I smiled. I realised that she just mimicked me.

Me-'Why should I believe you?'

Girl-'FINE!!! Don't believe me. I've an idea. Give me your phone and while I'm using it, you can just hold my hand so that I won't run away.'

Me-'What? You sure?'

Girl-'Listen, it's very important. I've to call home so that dad might come to pick me up. It's late night and its not safe for a girl to walk on the streets alone.'

Me-'Okay fine. But if you know it's unsafe for a girl, why did you stay out late in the first place?'

Girl-'You know what? Nevermind giving me your phone. I'll just walk.'

Me-'I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Here, take my phone.'

She took my phone and I held her hand quickly. She smiled.

Something happened. I felt something that I had never felt before. Her hand... I wanted to never let go of that hand.

She took me to the spot where she lost her phone. She was typing her phone number.

I looked into her green eyes. I was lost in them. Her blinking eyes were even more beautiful than the twinkling stars in the sky.

She found her phone and quickly picked it up.

Girl-'Take your phone and leave my hand. I've found my phone.'

I was still lost in her beautiful eyes.

She snapped her fingers. I came back to my senses.

Me-'You were saying something?'

Girl-'Yeah. Take your phone.'

I took back my phone.

Girl-'Will you please leave my hand now?'

Me-'Oh!!! I'm sorry.'