0D-The Red High Heels

Steve Maximoff's point of view.

I had just entered the house when I heard some voices coming from the living room.

It was as if two ladies were chatting.

I peeked into the living room.

It was Eva in a white top and pink skirt. Her hair was untied. She was chatting with my aunt.

I don't know how could a girl look so beautiful no matter what she wears.

I sneaked upstairs into my room and hid the red high heel in my bag. I don't know why I did that. Maybe because whenever I look at it, the memories of our first meeting come to my mind.

It was the most beautiful night of my life. The night was dark but she illuminated the night and made it brighter than the day.

She illuminated my life.

I went downstairs to the living room.

Aunt-'STEVE... this is Eva.'

Me-'I met her. We're in the same class.'

Aunt-'Oh!!! So you two know each other.'

Eva-'We do.'

Aunt-'You two chat for a while. I'll go check on the cupcakes that I'm baking.'

Aunt went out of the room.

Me-'What are you doing here?'

Eva-'I told you... you'll know soon. I'm here to return the money that I borrowed for the notepad.'

Me-'To return the money or to eat the cupcakes.'

Eva-'Of course... to eat the cupcakes... and to study with you. You know,... the exams are approaching so I thought that maybe you could use some help.'

Me-'Thanks, Evie.'

Eva-'Hey... we're friend, aren't we?'

Me-'I guess we are.'

Eva-'Of course we are.'

I laughed. I realised she mimicked me again. She laughed back.

We went to the kitchen.

Me-'Aunt!!!'

Aunt-'Yes?'

Me-'We'll be studying upstairs in my room. You know,... the exams are approaching.'

Aunt-'Go ahead. I'll bring you the cupcakes in your room.'

Me-'Thanks, aunt.'

Aunt-'My pleasure.'

Eva and I went upstairs to my room.

Eva started exploring my room while I was busy taking out my books from my bag.

I took out a book from my bag but Eva's red high heel too feel down.

I looked at Eva. Luckily, she was facing in an opposite direction.

Eva-'Your room is adorable.'

Me-'I... know,... right?'

I pushed the heel with my leg. It was now under the bed. I let out a sigh of relief.

Eva turned back to face me.

Me-'Why don't we sit here on my bed and start with our studies.'

Eva-'Okay then, let's start.'

We sat on the bed, leaning against the wall.

Eva-'Here!!! Take back your money.'

She was trying to return me the money that she had borrowed to buy a notepad.

Me-'I told you I won't take it. Are we not friends?'

Eva-'Fine!!! I won't insist.'

Me-'So... let's get started.'

Eva-'First of all, take these notes. You don't have to study from the book. These are the important topics that will be certainly included in the examination.'

She gave me the notes.

We started studying. For a few minutes, I wasn't able to concentrate in my studies. My mind was revolving around Eva but then I told myself that I should concentrate on my studies for a few days. It won't be long before the exams end.

Thanks to Eva, I didn't had to go through those thick books.

Few minutes later, aunt entered my room with some cupcakes.

Aunt-'Study well, kids.'

Eva and Me-'Thanks aunt.'

She left the room.

An hour later, we decided to stop.

Eva-'I think I should get home now. I'll come again tomorrow. We'll continue our studies tomorrow. Bye.'

Me-'Bye.'

Eva-'See you tomorrow.'

Me-'But I was thinking of seeing you tonight. You know,... like we did yesterday? I mean,... that's the reason why I bought a new notepad,... you know.'

She smiled.

Eva-'I think I'm going to run out of notepads. See you tonight.'

She left.

I studied for an hour and then decided to get some sleep after having my dinner as I had to chat with Eva all night long.

I wake up to realize that it was already 2:00 A.M. I got up and looked out of the window.

Eva was looking out of her window, in my direction. I could make out that she was feeling sleepy.

She quickly wrote a message on her notepad and raised it.

She wrote-'I've been waiting for the last 30 minutes.'

I quickly grabbed my notepad and wrote a reply. I lifted the notepad with my right hand and pinched my left earlobe with my left hand.

I wrote-'I'm Sorry.'

She wrote-'What were you doing?'

I wrote-'Sleeping. So that I could wake up at night.'

She wrote-'But now I'm sleepy.'

I wrote-'Sleep then. We'll chat tomorrow.'

She wrote-'Nevermind. I stayed awake for this.'

I wrote-'You have your childhood pictures?'

She wrote-'I do. Why?'

I wrote-'I wonder if little Madison looked even more cute than teen Eva.'

She wrote-'Thanks. I'll show them tomorrow.'

She dozed off for a bit.

I wrote-'You should get some sleep.'

She wrote-'Not now. Well,... I too would like to see little Steve.'

I wrote-'I don't have them.'

She wrote-'Why?'

She dozed off again.

I wrote-'They caught fire.'

She wrote-'Not fair.'

'I should let her know what I feel for her.' I thought. It's now or never.

I wrote down-'I ❤️ u' in a page of the notepad.

I held it with my hands and covered my face with it so that she could see the message without me having to make an eye contact.

My heart was racing at that moment. I was regretting my action.

I slowly slid the notepad rightwards until I could peek from my left eye.

I don't know if I was relieved or disappointed at that moment when I realised that she had already fallen asleep.

She had not seen the message in which I had expressed my feelings for her.

(If you loved the chapter, please vote and comment to support me. If you didn't liked it, give me some advices so that I can make my works better. Thanks for reading my work. I will upload my next work if you all support my work.💗 you readers. Thanks.)